Jet Pump, Brass Or Plastic

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RXz71

I traded a millenium edition seadoo gtx with a trashed motor, pump, and mpem, for a brass pump, new impeller and wear ring for my rx. Whats the advantages of a brass pump. Because i went to the lake to try it out and it ripped the handlebars out of my hands.

Actually it's a bronze pump. It's the best pump SeaDoo ever made, damn near bullet proof, the only disadvantage is it's heaver than an aluminum or plastic pump. Personally I wouldn't have anything else.

Lou

Actually it's a bronze pump. It's the best pump SeaDoo ever made, damn near bullet proof, the only disadvantage is it's heaver than an aluminum or plastic pump. Personally I wouldn't have anything else.

Lou

What he said. When I changed mine I replaced the plastic pump with a bronze one.

Yeah i meant to say bronze. Was typing on my cousins computer.
Anywho, well i'm glad to find this out. Yeah it weighed a ton compared to that cracked up plastic one. Ill get pics up tomorrow of the old and new one.

They are damn near the same. The plastic one is also 20 lbs lighter. I'm thinking you had other issues with your original rx setup. I'm up to 6 951 skis in my shop. I've used both with OEM prop and Concords.

Yeah, I wanted to put a solas in it so bad. But getting rid of a trashed ski for a bronze pump sounded like a good deal to me. My rx is down right now too. Some of the exhaust bolts are missing and broke, then the fuel filter housing is leaking. But its a lot of fun when it runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back