Jason

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 seadoo gti and spxjust put new mpem on both skies and they will not turn over more than 2 times and I have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect and try again and it beep when I plug up the brown temp wire

I'd contact the manufacturer of the MPEM. Since it is happening to both it must be a common problem. Something isn't resetting and it could be the Holder Relay.

The MSD’s are wired differently than the factory or aftermarket replacement MPEM’s. One of the performance gurus might be able to help, but you’re going to need the wiring diagram for the MSD’s to get it sorted.

The MSD’s are wired differently than the factory or aftermarket replacement MPEM’s. One of the performance gurus might be able to help, but you’re going to need the wiring diagram for the MSD’s to get it sorted.
Ok they emailed me a diagram that was not helpful. Arieltex is the mana factor. Which I purchase mpem from they say plug and go

Arieltek and MSD are two completely different things. You’ll need both the wiring diagram for the Arieltek unit and your factory diagram to make it work.

Well you’re going to have to take that wiring diagram and match the wires with the original wiring diagram. You need to match the wire functions, not colors!

It was running great until it lost dess signal and went dead after riding all day Saturday and half day on Sunday came home ordered another mpem that they say does not need to be programmed put it on and now it won’t turn over about 2.5 rounds about 3 try’s then I have to disconnect battery and try again

I would just order a new DESS post for the old factore MPEM before replacing it.

It's pretty uncommon for the MPEM's to just go dead unless you gave them a voltage spike from jumping them. Also the fuses are typically blown and continue to blow new ones.

What year are both of the skis you are working on? You’ve either got defective MPEM’s, or you’ve got something wired wrong. If you didn’t have both of the diagrams in front of you when you wired the new MPEM’s into the skis, you DO have it wired wrong... They are not just plug and go, as the wire colors do not match between the Arieltek MPEM and the factory one. If you just matched the wire colors, that’s 100% the problem...

What year are both of the skis you are working on? You’ve either got defective MPEM’s, or you’ve got something wired wrong. If you didn’t have both of the diagrams in front of you when you wired the new MPEM’s into the skis, you DO have it wired wrong... They are not just plug and go, as the wire colors do not match between the Arieltek MPEM and the factory one. If you just matched the wire colors, that’s 100% the problem...
Where can I get a color diagram of the 96 gti seadoo mpem

It should be one of the last few pages of the service manual. If you don’t have one, you can google “1996 Sea Doo Service Manual” and you’ll find a free download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back