Its Warming Up Here In The Land Down Under

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Geokep

Well Was a Great night out @ river fire in Brisbane. it was warm enough just to wear shorts and shirt and as we got back to the Ramp it started to rain what a great night the dump and burn was fantastic last year for the F111's, the fire works were great. Will put some photo's if any one has more throw them up would love to see what every one has.

But the big thing is its getting there. i would say getting wet in the next few weeks cant wait. 1st full summer with my new to me boat from the states have a few add on's which i will take some photo's to show you all.

So who else is getting geared up?

Attachments

• river fire.JPG
    river fire.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 24
wish I was in town for that one, just got back from Tangalooma today. Can't ask for better weather than this.

G'day geo. How's the islander treating ya? If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you to ship your boat here from the states?

Well, it is finally COOLING down here so we can wakeboard and boat without sweating our arses off.

Water is down to 75-ish, air is still mid to high 80s in mid October. PERFECT for waterskiing or wakeboarding, in my opinion. :cool:

We can actually stop and float, while enjoying a beer without sweating...:D

Hi guys,
We'll be taking the crew over to tangalooma this sat morning 7-10am if anyone is in the area.
cheers

G'day davo, I'd be there with bells in mate but I'm in Canberra :ack:

but I'm moving to enoggera at the end of the year!:D So I might be able to come out another time.

drop us a line when in town. Here's a trip recently I took with a mate of mine, with some of our fans when they saw my doo.

Attachments

• IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3974.jpg
    IMG_3974.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 25
Nice catch! I see you had some good bate on the line.

I might have to try the same bate :D

when I get up your way I'll drop you a line.
:cheers:

Nice catch! I see you had some good bate on the line.

I might have to try the same bate :D

when I get up your way I'll drop you a line.
:cheers:

Hey guys! hows things, its been warming up down here in vic as well been sking for the last two days and looks like i will be for the next two days as well, cant wait for christmas!!! Just got my first jet ski anyone know some good spots in victoria?:cheers:

Hi there Franky, fantastic was the best purchase i have done for a long time. the price to get the boat here with taxes and freight duty and so on was around $13000 + the price of the boat. but it has been great go out for the day with 4-6 people ski eat drink go over to Moreton, there should be more deck boats here to do that type of thing. Which comes to my sad point i have been offered a posting to singapore and may need to seel the beautiful girl if i take the posting well have a few weeks to make up mu mind on that score.

Davo where are you leaving from? what is the wheather going to be like? went over to moreton one day and it was rought as.

You have to pick your days. I leave from the moreton bay trailer boat club(I'm a member there), there are 2 public ramps at manly though, the one near royal queensland has a pontoon. I leave on a rising tide but early morning 7am or so this time of year, before the breeze kicks in. MB is very shallow so the water turns choppy quickly. Worse going out than coming back. Last time we were comfortable at 50kph going out, & 75kph coming home (25mins trip). If you have westerly winds you can cope with more wind & the ride will be better still. One day I got caught in a 20 kt squall, not fun, had waves crashing over the boat. Chalked that one up to experience. Around green is, & Tangalooma you can spot turtles & dolphins. Kids love it. Most boaties will take 50mins to tanga, the doo will doo it in under half the time & have a smooth ride. Early morning missions are the trick though.
cheers

Back