Issue with stalling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bama1boy

I have a 2009 Seadoo Speedster 150. When I took the boat out of the water last fall it started fine, then after about 5 minutes of riding it stalled and acted like I had just pulled the lanyard off of the post. Put it in neutral and started it again. Ran for a few minutes then stalled. I finally got it to the boat ramp and onto my trailer. I cleaned the post and lanyard with rubbing alcohol and it starts on land and runs, don't want to run it for too long out of water of course. Worried that once in the water it will stall once again. Anyone else have this issue?

is it giving any code how many hours are on it? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

No codes given. There are 170 hours on the boat. Last time the plugs were changed was at 100 hours.

4Tecs are pretty picky with plugs. They should be changed annually. Pretty cheap and easy to do. Give them a swap and see how she runs.

Change the plugs and make sure you put some good gas in it. Remember hand tighten the plugs than 1/4 to a 1/2 tighter and you don't use anti-seize because than you can over torque the plugs

Sorry for the delay in posting. It has been a long journey. I changed the plugs, it wasn't that. It turns out it was the lanyard. I had to purchase a new lanyard and have it programmed to my ECU unit. All is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back