Issue extracting oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskokamarc

Hi guys, so I’m in the middle of trying to extract the oil from my seadoo, and it’s taking very long, almost one hour for one litre... I attached two tubes one thicker than the other, (taped them together with electrical tape as the one wasn’t long enough) in order to reach the bottom. The skinny one seems like it’s draining fine, but the thicker one is not a constant stream but very slowly trickling out (sort of like sucking on a straw at the end of a soda with ice...). I can’t figure out why it’s doing this! Any suggestions?

I started the seadoo for 30secs before doing all this, but it didn’t really help. Also, how long can I run my seadoo without attaching a water hose?

Thanks.

I attached photos of the pump I bought.

Attachments

• 974D60F1-549A-4E68-91DC-78DFFA4794BF.png
    974D60F1-549A-4E68-91DC-78DFFA4794BF.png
    925.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 64689908-07C3-42D0-990A-BEFB7562DF00.png
    64689908-07C3-42D0-990A-BEFB7562DF00.png
    960.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Did you mark the tube 18 11/16 in.? Sounds like where you taped the tubes it might not be holding a vacuum

Also it’s important the oil is warm, 2 minutes with a water supply, no longer. If you purchase a BRP oil change kit next time, instructions are included it’s also in the service manual for your ski.

Not sure on the tube mark that just where it’s supposed to be to siphon oil per the service manual, mark goes to top of dipstick tube

Also it’s important the oil is warm, 2 minutes with a water supply, no longer. If you purchase a BRP oil change kit next time, instructions are included it’s also in the service manual for your ski.

I don’t have the attachment for the water supply. I did purchase the oil change kit. Might take a look tomorrow.

I’m putting the lid on the oil filter and I can see the larger o ring when I’ve completely tightened it. Am I supposed to be able to see the skinny red o ring at all? Or is it the cap not fully in?

Did you apply engine oil on filter ring, filter cover o-rings, and on the oil filter screw o-ring, the cover should mate with the oil filter housing, should not see o-ring.
Oil filter screw torque. 9N.m (80lbf*in)

Did you apply engine oil on filter ring, filter cover o-rings, and on the oil filter screw o-ring, the cover should mate with the oil filter housing, should not see o-ring.
Oil filter screw torque. 9N.m (80lbf*in)
I did but I’m finding it hard to push the top in. Any suggestions?

Make sure the o-ring is in its groove on the cover maybe. Re oil and try again. Do you have a torque wrench? It should slide in place as you tighten the oil filter screw. Just don’t over tighten and strip or break the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back