Islandia ski pole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsolson

Hi. I just purchased a 2005 islandia with the merc 250 opti. I had the kids out skiing but the tow ring is too low and we were having trouble with the rope dragging in the wake. Has anyone been able to install a ski pylon or pole on these? If so, let me know!! Also, FYI, I just installed cobra jet steering system. Seems to work very well.

Thanks

On some of the Islandia's... there was a thread in ski pole. As I recall... it was about 3' tall, and just threaded into a mount on the swim deck. The only drawback was that they would bend eventually with aggressive riders... and was hard to remove. But, I also have thought about a higher tow point.

As far as the cobra steering... well... that's all personal opinion. Guys with the Yamaha boats love it. Guys with the Merc's have mixed opinions. I personally find no use for it. TO me, it makes your draft deeper, and kills the good handling of a jet boat. But I will agree... if your primary goal is to tow... then it helps fight an aggressive rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back