Factory Islandia Rear seat supports 204610749 sun deck mounts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

2/24/2023- I think due to age this thread has been closed for further commenting. I made a new one with a link to this one for reference for those new people looking for them

Update: May 2020- I still have several of these left.

I believe that I have found replacement seat mounts from a Seadoo dealership that’s going out of business. I had to order several of them and have a minimum $ amount in order to be able to purchase from the liquidation company. I don’t want to try and invent some other way to fix mine. As soon as they come in and I verify that they work and fit, I will let everyone know.

Edit: I am posting pictures of the supports. These are the correct size (not like one I posted in my install below)

abf07a816653c565f8adbf7d402474f8.jpg
1d28c28f69abcfb51c42859f35f929df.jpg
2fc3e5393e7edc81d11891b2bc8701d8.jpg

Last edited:
Post a pic one you get them, so we can see what they are.

***EDIT***

I just looked up the part. I thought I saw those in your pictures?? They just needed put back together, and riveted down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Honda, my center one is not only broken at the hull bracket but the guts are junk. The seat farthest starboard the insides are seizing. I've used warm soapy water, PB Blaster, a lubricant spray that heating and cooling guys use to free up seized parts with NO luck. My port side is just not smooth. So if I'm gonna replace 2 then I might as well do 3. LOL
Now...Here's a question for you. Is there metal under the hull where they screw in or is it just the screw into fiberglass? I plan on using grabber pop rivets.

As far as I know... it's just screws into the glass on those. But, I'm going to get my boat uncovered in the next day or two, so I will check.

One support came in :cuss:. They told me They have an order minimum!
anyway. . . It is the correct length but the diameter is smaller. We shall see if that matters in longevity that is IF I can get it mounted. They sent me this one by mistake. The correct ones are on their way.

IMG_7899.JPG

Since the diameter of the new support bracket is smaller, the new seat bracket do not match the existing bracket holes in the seat. These brackets are screwed into p/n 20410002 Tee-Nut 1/4"- 20 which I am assuming is behind the strong backing material of the seat whether its wood or plastic. We cut the brackets off the old one and reassembled it to the new one using a 1/4 dia x 1.5" bolt (should have used 1.25"), 4 nylon 1/8" washer (to make up the space difference. So this should bolt to the existing holes in the seat. . . easy breezy (cross fingers).

IMG_7900.JPG

Mounting the small bracket to the hull is another story. I'm still working on that. Originally there was a stud that came UP from the bottom that is not accessible on the center seat. Pop Rivets are out as an option at this point because they would have to be 1" long. We already tried 3/16" grabber pop rivets and they are to short. I'm off to Fastenal to get some coarse thread SS screws in a couple diameters to see what works best. Will report back.

IMG_7901.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

Last edited:
I mowed my yard yesterday... and noticed my boat tarp was ripping... but it was getting dark. SO... I have no choice but to uncover my boat today. (so I can get the regular cover on it) I will find out about the backings.

Those look nice !! Last night... the pictures didn't show up.

Anyway... yours are a little different than mine. Mine can pull apart. With that said... the cable in mine, may have been removed long ago.

As far as your question about the backing, or support... looking at mine there isn't a visible backing. BUT, on the far starboard side... it looks as if the glass is bulged in such a way, that there is a support inside. I know that's not an exact answer... but it's what I can tell.

Now... why do you need to buy 12 of those???? I would think that a dealer would want to sell parts regardless. If the parts are expensive... I would simply rebuild what you have out of aluminum stock. It drills, and cuts easy.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry but I had to delete PM's to make room and accidentally deleted all of them. A few of you had sent messages about wanting seat supports. Please post here or send me a PM so I can at least earmark them for those of you who want them. As long as you have your original bracket(s) that mount to the seatback itself then this will work for you.
Required fix required 1- support (per seat), 1- 1/4" x 1.5" hex head bolt, 1/4" plastic washers that total 1/2" in thickness (I used 4 that were 1/8" thick) and 1- 1/4" lock nut.

I've got mounts left.m
377.jpg

Trying to PM you, but maybe because I am a newbie it wont let me. Do you have the bracket that attaches to the seat back or the hull? I need the one for the seat back. Shoot me a PM please! Thanks!

Also, where did you pick up the support/piston itself? Cant seem to find them anywhere!

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back