Islandia overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

m3aaron

My 01 Islandia runs great off the trailer but as it gets hotter I loose power and thrust. Is there a way to check the water pump for the motor and where would it be located?? Thanks!

Your water pump or the engine is the jet pump. If the boat moves, your pump is working.

Is your pee hole flowing? If not, that can cause your overheating.

Yes it is, the boat runs great right off the trailer but as it goes under full throttle it looses thrust, speed and RPMs and starts burning a lot of fuel. I already replaced both temp sensors

your first post implied the heat was causing loss of power. The 2nd post though reads more like losing power as you apply more throttle. The lost of thrust at higher RPM can be from very minor damage to your impeller and wear ring, and the ratio to each other. if you search under cavitation you'll find a bunch of threads with pictures and examples. A few rocks or sand up through the impeller can be enough to cause lost of thrust. it's very fixable but won't come back on its own.

If you are convinced that the issue is heat related get a 20 dollar IR temp gun and monitor the engine temp (at the heads) and see if your hypothesis is true. Are you able to go fast when less than 110 degrees. And slower more than 110 degrees. Arbitrary points chosen.

What engine do you have?

How are you measuring that the engine is using more fuel as you advance throttle, but lose rpm? Fuel consumption should increase with rpm. Have you checked the tps? Many threads here about that. Have all 3 fuel filters been checked? How about spark plugs? What about spark on all 6 plugs? What is your compression on all 6 cylinders? Check it at WOT. Fuel pressure? Is fuel pressure steady as you open the throttle?
What happens when you try to go WOT?

We are trying to figure out if problem is fuel, electric, or mechanical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back