Islandia gas struts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

illru

Just upgraded to a 01 Islandia! :hurray: Even better its a project boat! The first thing I need to do is replace the gas struts for the engine hood. The last owner was using the table post hold up it up. :facepalm: Anyone know the lb rating the struts need to be? The info stickers on mine are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIL
The gas spring that holds up the changing room hood is the same as the engine hood.

It's 90 LB for anyone else looking for the info.

So I need to replace my gas struts on the engine hood, are you saying I need two 90 lbs struts are two struts that would equal 90 lbs? I am looking at my struts now and they are only rated at 20 lbs each, no wonder it will not stay up. The previous owner must have replaced with incorrect weight struts.

So I need to replace my gas struts on the engine hood, are you saying I need two 90 lbs struts are two struts that would equal 90 lbs? I am looking at my struts now and they are only rated at 20 lbs each, no wonder it will not stay up. The previous owner must have replaced with incorrect weight struts.

Two 90lb struts.

20lb! :rolleyes: Might as well have used soda straws.

I have been rocking them for a year now and think maybe one side should be a little longer then the other. But I have not put any brain power into it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back