Islandia anchor locker

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbob911

Just curious, is there a recommended anchor shape/size that fits in the space under the front ladder that I assume is meant to be an anchor locker?

I bought a 5kg Bruce that just barely fits if you remove the ladder. If I'm traveling over some chop it often pops the lid up though.

I put a Danforth in there, had to cut down the middle member in order to get it to fit in there, but it fits under the ladder now. It is my second anchor for the boat, for use @ the shore when I need to stake the front on the beach and the rear in the water. I keep my "big" anchor under the floor hatch.

I have a 2007 islandia. I ordered a #10 and #7 slip anchor kit from overtons. The #10 was too long. Couldn't close the hatch.
Wanted the #10 since it handles boats up to 24'. However the #7 seems to work fine. Only thing I didn't like is the kit only came with 50 foot of rope. Even though the anchor held it seems like most places I was anchoring was deeper than 50' so I ended up getting a 150 foot rope for it.

1 Overton's #10 Slip-Ring Galvanized Anchor Kit (up to 24' boat)
1 Overton's #7 Slip-Ring Galvanized Anchor Kit (up to 19' boat)

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=763525

#7 Slip-Ring Anchor
• For boats up to 19'
• Anchor Weight: 5 lbs.
• Holding Power: 150 lbs.
SPECS
Model # #7 Slip-Ring Anchor Kit
Boat Length Up To 19'
Anchor Weight 5 lbs.
Holding Power 150 lbs.
Shank Length 11-3/4"
Stock Width 15-3/8"
Fluke Length 9"

Can I ask what size/weight Danforth?

cant be more than an 8 or 9 pounder. I will measure the fluke lengths when I get home. Again I had to cut the middle piece down, which seriously comprimises the angle at which the anchor can actually grab and hold, but I only use it to anchor on a dry beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back