Is this steering assembly compatible?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSteve

The photo shows a steering assembly that I picked up for free. Thought that it would be a safer setup for my 15 year old on the '94 SP that I am building for him. The current setup is stock handlebar with no handlebar pad. Lots of steel to get caught up in when flying over the front in a wipeout.

I would go with the stock vinyl cover over styrofoam but it didn't come with the machine. And this other design looks cleaner to me. Before I tear the old assembly out, am I missing something here?

IMG_6703.JPG

Looks nice. Okay, I can put together some kind of a bracket. Thought it would be easier to simply replace the entire steering assembly with this new one but that bracket won't be super complicated.

I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Here's the before photo:

IMG_6706.JPG

You can replace just the shell, that bracket is junk, it won't fit on your ski. You're only using the top , bottom and bar pad. The rest goes in the trash.

I'm looking around for some thin scrap metal to fab the part.

In the mean time, here's a shot of the pads with approximately eight (I lost count) light coats of Dupli-Color plastic bumper paint.

IMG_6717.JPG

That pad sort of fit on my two seater but I opted to go with the original pad for simplicity. Turns out you have to change the plastic bracket that holds the alarm as well. Then you have to do something with the button panel. It looked sweet but I pulled it back off and installed the original part to get on the water quicker. That's what it's all about, right? Maybe I'll take another run at it this winter. Thanks for the help. I'll update when/if I go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back