Is there no Summer grade oil anymore?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo_mike

I bought a 295501075 maintenance kit online for my 180 Challenger SE and the kit came with 4T 5w40 oil, it say's that it is a synthetic blend, but I always bought the summer grade synthetic blend. Is the summer grade superseded to the 5w40?

Just went through this routine last weekend at my local seadoo joint. The XPS summer blend is replaced with the XPS 4T 5w40 oil.

As best I could find, even thought the summer blend never had its weight noted, it was allegedly 5w40. The part that's odd to me is that my 2012 supercharged Speedster 150 called out 10w40 if the summer blend wasn't available. Don't know how to reconcile that tid bit.

-mick

Just went through this routine last weekend at my local seadoo joint. The XPS summer blend is replaced with the XPS 4T 5w40 oil.

As best I could find, even thought the summer blend never had its weight noted, it was allegedly 5w40. The part that's odd to me is that my 2012 supercharged Speedster 150 called out 10w40 if the summer blend wasn't available. Don't know how to reconcile that tid bit.

-mick
Probably doesn't really matter, unless your summer includes 0° weather cold starts. :)

-mick
Thanks for the info. I did find out the same information, that the 4T 5w40 replaced the summer blend and that it was actually 5w40 as well. I guessing since the 5w40 and 10w40 are really the same viscosity for summer, both being 40, it wouldn't matter. the 5w and 10w part of it would be for winter viscosity. Was the 10w40 they called out a BRP synthetic blend also? with your boat being supercharged.

The 10w40 called out was still the synthetic blend. Not that my boat took it, but the "XPS winter blend" was allegedly full synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back