Is stuff not selling on here?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I am pretty much out of the seadoo business...sold my Challenger, gave my dad my XP (actually, he guilted me into giving it to him....)

So I am trying to sell off all my tools and extra parts. Seems like nobody is interested.

Is this common for this forum?

I have never tried to sell stuff here, but figured if I had good parts, I would try to keep them on this site.

Has anyone else tried to sell older seadoo stuff on here and had no replies? Or is it just me and my abrasive personality :coolgleam:?

With Tony on this.. During season stuff on here sells much better. Posting it on ebay then listing the link in a for sale thread is allowed!

I don't sell by ebay. Too difficult, and besides, I would rather sell to "friends" than random ebayers.

I guess you guys have a good point. Just because it is 85 degrees down here doesn't mean everyone else has already dusted the snow off their boats!

I sell everything on Craigslist. Usually goes pretty quick. You just have to know how to look past the scammers and spammers.

I know the guys on here need the parts and will put them to good use. So I would rather sell them here. Generally, whoever buys it will be someone with whom I have had a decent "relationship" over years of forum use.

Besides, I am more comfortable selling over the internet than dealing with strangers coming to my house.

Yeah, sold the challenger for something bigger, and dad sorta "stole" the XP.

Enjoying my I/O tremendously, so no hard feelings here!

I plan to be out on the water during that time! :cool:

Got my first wakeboarding of the season last weekend. Water was up to 68, which is plenty warm for me.

But the wife and I have been out on the boat for the past 6 weeks or so, depending on the weather. Cool fronts blow through periodically, bringing choppy waters.

I have sold a couple of smaller items since BUMPing them yesterday. So maybe re-posting them a week or two later was all I needed to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Minnetonka, the only water I have been out on either has 3ft of ice, or I'm water skipping my sled across the fields and ditches!

I tell you this much, my sled has not felt more like a waverunner than this winter! We have had deep snow, and now deep water!

I have ordered Hydro-turf and Intake grate for my Sea-Doo already, but I won't be able to put them in for at least another few weeks just for the fact that the pole building that my Sea-Doo is in has snowbanks all the way around it that have to melt down!

It's crazy the climate differences between TX and MN.

Just like Minnetonka, the only water I have been out on either has 3ft of ice, or I'm water skipping my sled across the fields and ditches!

I tell you this much, my sled has not felt more like a waverunner than this winter! We have had deep snow, and now deep water!

I have ordered Hydro-turf and Intake grate for my Sea-Doo already, but I won't be able to put them in for at least another few weeks just for the fact that the pole building that my Sea-Doo is in has snowbanks all the way around it that have to melt down!

All I can say is WOW!!!

I didn't ride my boat from about the second week of december until the 2nd week of February. I could have, but my ears would have gotten cold.

i am already in the water and swimming!!!

But, the other side of the coin is that June through September are so hot and humid, all we do is launch the boat, go straight to the beach, and get in the water and drink about 10 beers. You still sweat so much that you don't even catch a buzz on them. Get home, go to bed, and wake up all night dehydrated looking for cold glasses of water, which ironically, we just spent the entire day floating on...:ack:

Back