is sea foam okay to use in a seadoo xp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo/skidoo

Hi there everyone. somebody was telling me to use sea foam in my seadoo xp to clean it up a bit and make it run a bit better. does it really work? and does it do any damage or eat gas lines?:cheers:

You've had a bunch of views, but no answers to your question. I think it's because nobody really knows. You also mentioned fuel lines. Does that mean you've upgraded yours? If so, seafoam probably wont affect them since its made for cars and trucks, not unlike the hose you should have upgraded with.

So to say "will it clean it up and make it run a bit better"? Maybe? But I have mechanics that swear by it for cars and trucks. If you search a bit through the forums, you'll find that ethanol is a killer for these "Doos, and the prescribed "helper" is marine Sta-Bil....

Also, take a few minutes and look at the carb sticky at the top of the post list. Maybe you'll get some answers there as well.

You've had a bunch of views, but no answers to your question. I think it's because nobody really knows.

No... It's because it gets asked about 10 times a month in the summer. AND... at the point of me typing this... the original post is only 9 hr's old.

The simple answer is... it's a solvent. It's hard on ALL the rubber parts, and it will displace oil. In a car engine... it's not that big of a deal... but since you are relying on a thin film of oil, that is being transported by the fuel... I would not recommend using it. If you have a fuel issue in a 2-stroke... fix it correctly since it can cause a melt-down of the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks Dr Honda i didnt know that it would displace the oil but now i know, i wont be using it. thanks:thumbsup:

No... It's because it gets asked about 10 times a month in the summer. AND... at the point of me typing this... the original post is only 9 hr's old.

The simple answer is... it's a solvent. It's hard on ALL the rubber parts, and it will displace oil. In a car engine... it's not that big of a deal... but since you are relying on a thin film of oil, that is being transported by the fuel... I would not recommend using it. If you have a fuel issue in a 2-stroke... fix it correctly since it can cause a melt-down of the engine.

From the SeaFoam web site.
Sea Foam® is composed solely of three specially blended petroleum oils – each having specific functions such as lubricating, cleaning or moisture control. There are no other chemicals (not even color dyes) included in the formulation. Being of the same basic petroleum chemistry as the motor oils and gasoline you already use in your engine, Sea Foam® is completely compatible with all engine components, fuels, lubricants and other additives you may have in your engine. Sea Foam® will not damage gaskets or seals, and will not interact in a negative way with motor oil or fuel, or the additives used in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back