Is it safe to leave the flush adapter screwed into Sportster Le DI all the time?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyzFunBoat

I have a 2005 Sportster Le DI with the ROTAX 947, 2-stroke direct injection.

I primarily use the boat in salt water. I flush after every use. When using the Sea-Doo 295500473 Flush Adapter, is it OK to leave this screwed in all the time? This adapter threads into the rear tube that protrudes from the transom plate on the ride side.

Here is the adapter that I use : http://store.sea-doo.com/product/460784/295500473/_/Flush_Adapter

I'm concerned that if this same input is used to draw in water for cooling while in use, it will restrict the flow during running. I'd like to leave it always attached, because it's a little cumbersome to screw in a regular garden hose each time.

It's probably OK, but I don't leave it in my boat, I never wanted to have any more restrictions on the cooling system than engineered. It is technically an exit, and when you flush it back flushes the system.

Welcome to the forum!

I keep a garden hose quick disconnect "from Lowes" attached to my two engine inputs at all times but they have wider openings then the one your showing
236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhe adapter I have for mine is fairly restrictive so I don't leave it in. There's a lot of hot water exiting from that cooling water outlet while the engine is running, would make for a great camping shower.

I use to leave mine in all the time on my previous 98 challenger. I didn't have any issues that I could tell. but at the same time it didn't occur to me it could be an issue so I didn't look for any problems.

On the 787 the flush fitting is the "calibrated" fitting to limit flow so like To2d's quick connects I wouldnt worry about. The cheaper plastic ones look to be almost the same size but I have not checked to be sure. As long as the hole in the adapter is bigger than the hole on the outlet it shouldnt cause any cooling issues

I keep a garden hose quick disconnect "from Lowes" attached to my two engine inputs at all times but they have wider openings then the one your showing
236.jpg

Thanks, for the recommendation. I went this route because the flow was slightly larger than the Sea-Doo 295500473 Flush Adapter, plus, with the brass material, it should last a lot longer then the plastic in the Sea-Doo adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back