Is having 3 jet boats too much ...lol

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlonewolf1967

So last season I bought a used non running 2001 sea doo challenger 2000 with the 240 efi m2 motor and with the help of the good DR. HONDA I got it running and loved it. I let the wife drive it a few times and she loved it too. I paid $2750.00 for it. Put another $500.00 into the motor, a new wake tower and a 1000 watt stereo system. Well wife loves it so much that I never get to drive it much so I went out and bought her one of her own for $1000.00. It's the same deal as when I bought mine. It had rust in the bottom 2 cylinders and needs all new bearings and anger new connecting rods. Gonna go right through it this winter and have it ready for her for next season.

I have already honed it out and because the rust was below the piston ring line I'm not even remotely worried about it because mine was the Same way and I still had 140 psi in all 6 holes. Crank had a few rust spots on it too and polished right out with ease so all new bearings all around. Gonna replace oil drive gear with new style gear. And send injectors out to be rebuilt.

So while I have been doing all this i came across a 95 speedster with twin 657x motors in near mint condition for &1500.00 on a trailer with a cover and brand new seats. Boat had been sitting winterized for 2 years untouched. The woman's husband had died and she wanted it gone so I bought it with all the paperwork in order. Threw in 2 brand new batteries and dropped it in the lake after getting it running on the hose and replacing fuel, plugs, filter etc. found it will need new carb kits so no big deal both motors have 150 psi in both holes.

So next summer I will have 3 jet boats sitting on my dock... image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I still want an islanddia and a utopia...

I agree. no one would say you have too many appliances because you have a toaster, an oven and a dishwasher. an islandia should be your next purchase. its a totally different use case from the challenger

I got 11 SeaDoos, do not know at what point we become certifiably insane! But, fun in the process. When you get more than about 2 or 3, the other half may not even notice another one snuck in.

No I mean cats as in meow meow cats. The wife and I were breeding savannahs for a few years.
And we kept a few from the liters. They are exotic cats and in high demand.

My ex-wife tried collecting persians for a while, but did not take proper care of them; when discovered they were peeing on the carpets, the cats went elsewhere, the carpet was replaced and shortly thereafter the ex was gone ... I kept the house, good trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back