Is a 1994 Sea Doo XP worth $2000 with a trailer and hoist?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel C

The hoist is a good, four legged standalone, not a davit with a sling. And the trailer is newer than the jet ski and in good shape. I test drove it and it started and ran good. I didn't really open it up because it was so rough. The price was 2500 but he said he'd take 2000. It seems to be all in good shape. It also comes with the cover and a jacket.

In good running condition, what is the top speed of the 94 XP? Is it close to 50? I know it's a two stroke which I really don't like but it does make a lot of difference in power vs size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good price.

At least in this area that's too much for a 94 ski. If the ski is in good condition $1200-1500 including trailer is a fair price. Don't know what the sling is worth.

Lou

It depends what the lift is worth.

I've seen nice 720 XP's go for $1200 to $1500. I saw a mod'ed 800 XP on a doubble trailer go for $2200.

a 94, with an 657x engine is worth $1500 MAX in my book, and unless it's sitting on an aluminum trailer... it's worth closer to $1000.

Since we are on the back side of summer... the prices will start to drop.

His price is high. Give it a month, and he will come down as the weather gets cold.

we just bought two ski's from michigan. A 98 spx 800 in mint condition, 01 rx di 1000 with 100 hrs in good condition, 2003 genesis galvanized trailer, 2 sea doo covers and 2 gallons of oil. They were being stored by a marine dealer who winterized them every year. Payed 4800, do you think we over payed? From canada and seemed like a good deal compared to what they go for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly it's the back side of summer; I want it now. And the trailer is aluminum, I think he said it was a 2000 or something. Yes, it's definitely aluminum. And finally someone mentioned what the hoist could be worth. I'm not talking about a little 500 davit with a hand crank. I'm talking about one that stands alone and has a wheel.

Oh yeah and I'm gonna test drive it again today now that it's calm. And I'm gonna go to his cottage and see the hoist. Judging by the shape of the ski and the trailer I don't expect the hoist to be a piece of junk.

Exactly it's the back side of summer; I want it now. And the trailer is aluminum, I think he said it was a 2000 or something. Yes, it's definitely aluminum. And finally someone mentioned what the hoist could be worth. I'm not talking about a little 500 davit with a hand crank. I'm talking about one that stands alone and has a wheel.

Oh yeah and I'm gonna test drive it again today now that it's calm. And I'm gonna go to his cottage and see the hoist. Judging by the shape of the ski and the trailer I don't expect the hoist to be a piece of junk.

First, a used ski is only worth with someone will pay for it... and is dictated by region. In Aus, a used ski is worth huge $$$$$. Something I would consider at $1500 here, is worth $3500 there.

Second... (Please don't take this the wrong way) but you are in the wrong mind set. You WANT the ski, and are willing to pay more than market price. But, if it's clean, and runs well... then really the price is up to you. Buy it and have a good time. (that's what counts) We are just trying to give you a close market value. So, if you over pay for an older ski... don't get mad at us next season when no one will give you $800 for it. The '94 XP has the X4 hull, which handles well, and it's only down 5 hp over it's 720 version. BUT, the 720 gets a 500 rpm higher red-line, and has about a 5 mph higher top speed. (and better out of the hole)

As I said above... it's really what the lift value is. (as a used lift) I know they aren't cheap... but you need to figure out what the used market price is. (and if you need it, or can sell it off)

Finaly... I'm the king of being cheap with water toys... let me give you a run down of my latest purchases.....

(The deals are out there. don't be in a rush, and you will find them)

$1500; '96 Sportster New engine, but needed a clean up.

192.jpg

$1000; 2000 Polaris Genesis Needed a little love, and a $100 start stop module

77.jpg

$300; '90 SeaDoo Si Just needed a good cleaning

76.jpg

$600; '90 Superjet Needed nothing!

32.jpg

I need the lift

See, that's the thing. I forgot to mention that. Most jet skiers just take them with them and trailer them all the time. I have a cottage and that's where it would be. So basically I need the lift.

Last year I bought a 96 GTI for $2000.00 which was about $500 over market.
However I bought it from a friend, who purchased it new. I rode it myself over the years. He had to sell it because he hurt his shoulder and could no longer ride it.

I know I paid over market, but I knew the ski, and have had zero trouble. So just because the ski is priced over market doesn't make it a bad deal, in fact I think I got a great deal.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back