Is 250 way high for engine temp?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine temp on the Seadoo Wake I just got today is fluctuating between 200 and 280. The GTI we also got is showing over 200. The skis seems to be running ok, and there are no alarms. What is the normal engine temp range for the GTI 130 and Wake 155? One is a 2012, and one is a 2013. Both have under 60 hours.

You should never see temperatures that high.

I just read that the Non supercharged engine are supposed to set the alarm at 212 degrees and the supercharged ones at 230 degrees.

I just pulled a bunch of wood chips out of the impeller. First time ride on both skis. No trailer, so cleaning blind on a lift. Wonder why there’s no mesh—too much flow restriction? Surprised I had no alarm(?). What is the normal temp range? Guess I need to get it in ASAP if over the alarm point, even if no alarm. Thanks for the reply.

Definitely way too high. Check the rubber hoses for any damages. I know some marine hoses are designed to collapse internally to choke the motor to prevent burning up your exhaust. Remove them and look inside to ensure they're OK.

Normal temps on our 215s are 183-188. She'll hit mid 190s after some spirited driving, but the temps quickly come down after we slow down or idle.

I'd confirm the temps with an IR thermometer. They're cheap and easy to use. Try to take the temps near the temperature sensors on the motor.

I’m wondering now if it’s the sensors. The GTI jumped over 330 back down to 50 back over 260. What have I bought myself into...

Same here for temp ranges typically in 180s range. Twin 155’s. Your comment on the mesh makes me wonder too. I sucked up a stick this weekend on the port side that hobbled me pretty good. I closed my exhaust valve for towing on that engine & crept 1/2 way home & then tried it again & that cleared it except a few chips @ the back (front?) of the impeller near the cone. It ran fine the rest of the way home & then I pulled the pump & got them out. Luckily no damage to my brand new impeller & wear ring I installed with less than 10 hours on it.

So I learned today that the “degree” symbol is for the COMPASS, not the ENGINE. Engine temp display is only available on high performance models. That explains the wild swings in the numbers during a turn. Duh...thanks everyone for the replies—i’ll slink off now

When you put your key on does it give you the two beeps?

That beeper is also your overheat alarm.

So I learned today that the “degree” symbol is for the COMPASS, not the ENGINE. Engine temp display is only available on high performance models. That explains the wild swings in the numbers during a turn. Duh...thanks everyone for the replies—i’ll slink off now

at least you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back