Intresting discovery today?!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reardon41

hello all, first post here lol i plan to "show off" my project soon but anyways a buddy of mine picked up a 96 xp last weekend and we decided to check a few things today. Upon pulling the carbs off we found something not so good. i have no clue how it happened but id like to get a little input from anyone on what they think of this. its definitely not good but i think he potentially may be able to get away with it...

PTO side carb
20160401_171343.jpg

Hi and welcome to the Seadoo forum. Personally I don't think so, I don't think you will ever get that carburetor to seal properly to the intake manifold. You have a couple of options, you can get a good used carb. from Nick [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] or Seadoo Source sells new carburetors.

Lou

I would not use it. One thing the 2-stroke engine does NOT like is to be run lean. If you install this and it sucks air, you will have a lean mixture. It will put a hole in the piston and you will have work to do,,,

easier to replace with a decent set of used carbs, $60-80 is the price I usually sell them for when I have them.

hey thanks for the input guys! the other carb is fine so he would only need 1. probably wont take any chances and just get a used one. sucks that we couldn't see this when he bought it. i ended up texting the guy he bought it off of and his response was that he bought the ski like that (he only had it a few months so it wasn't ridden like that alot) him and his father "decided it doesn't affect the way the carb bolts or the performace so no need to menton it". people suck lol

The bolts were seized in the carb body and it broke when they were removed. The mating surface on the inner ring that actually seals the carb looks fine. Just make sure the carb is secure and I bet you'll be fine

The bolts were seized in the carb body and it broke when they were removed. The mating surface on the inner ring that actually seals the carb looks fine. Just make sure the carb is secure and I bet you'll be fine

Thats what i was thinking at first but if we csn find a carb for a decent price then he will probably grab it. Anyone else know a place i could find one for a decent price other than ebay and the guy Loudoo mentioned?

Carbs are too cheap now to even attempt to use this. I have several spare carbs I'll sell super cheap if you need one. Pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back