Intermittent Spark Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khristian

I have a 1998 Seadoo GSX Limited with a 951 engine. I have tried cleaning the grounding wires throughout the electrical system but when I push the start button it will crank and spark once or twice then no further spark. It will only act as if it wants to start but will not. I have changed out to a brand new battery but still continues to have the same issue. I also have cut the plug wires back about a half and inch but same issue still stands. I did an ohms test on pick up coil and it tested fine at 260. i removed stator and made sure everything was cleaned of any metals. I checked resistance across the three yellow wires coming from the stator housing plug, checked out good. I removed white wire from ignition coil and hooked up a test light probe and cranked engine over and got NO reading on the test light. Shouldnt I get a reading and if so what would be my next testing step? I also checked the white wire at the ignition coil to the mpem for resistance to make sure it wasnt broke. All fuses are good in the mpem, also replaced them anyway. I put a new battery ground to engine wire on. I hooked up a volt meter to the pickup coil wires and received a reading of .4 volts while cranking, which according to the manual is within specs. I checked all the connectors on the plugs that go to the mpem. Any suggestions?

Used a inline spark tester to see that it was intermittently sparking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube_share;tPAs-lGTmP4]https://youtu.be/tPAs-lGTmP4[/video]

Here is a video of what I have going on. Please help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back