Interested in a spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mitchell72

The hull is plastic so how will that hold up? It'll be for the family to ride around with my xp. I plan to get the 2 up ho I'd so no more then 280 lbs will ever be on it

Some have failed. But over all, the Spark has been a great ski for Sea Doo. The 2 up is MUCH less stable than the 3-up. 2 average adults could be a struggle getting in the ski.

The hull make crack easier but replacing pieces is much easier and cheaper than a fiber glass hull.

Saw two at shop. Hit head on. Hole a basketball could fit through. One sunk immediately and other stayed floating with smaller hole. Insurance totaled the worse of the two. Not sure about that plastic. It was about 3/8" thick where it broke.

The engine has proven reliable. The plastic hulls have had some issues but time will tell on their longevity.

Yeah I'm thinking around Christmas time on getting one as I need two for family and friends and I don't wanna get an expesive ski like the rxp or along those lines. The plastic has me on the edge but it'll be on lake Lanier and never rode hard so hopefully but I'm gonna wait it out a couple more months and see how they keep doing.

We have a 96 XP and love the fun factor. I have to boys that took their boating safety course now they drive the Jet Ski buy themselves.
The Spark really fit the fun factor I was looking for. I bought a 2014 Spark 3UP IBR. We are on Lake Hartwell not too far from you. We have put over 24 hours on it so far this summer. I really like the ski.
I will take out my XP and Spark from a stop they are pretty equal until you get to 50 then the XP will leave the spark because its top end is better.
We will drive down to Clemson and spark will use 1- 1 1/2 gallons of gas XP will use 4 gallons.
We jump waves and it does fine. I see videos of guys jumping big salt water waves all day long.
I will never punish it as much as these guys.

If you don't smash into anything you'll be fine it's worth the extra 200 dollars to get the depth sounder they help for avoiding trouble areas as far as common wear and tear mine had held up great if you get a small hole in it you can simply melt the plastic around it and it looks like new

I've had mine for about 3 wks now.. I love it.. I have the 3 up key lime.. Sure it's not a twin turbo ski but it sure is a lot of fun!! I have 3 younger kids and I tow them around on a tube with no issues..

Back