intake and exhaust notes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

red2blue

I installed a diy free-flo exhaust yrs ago. Most can't stand the drone but I'm not in the sweet spot long enough for it to bother me. I also like the dub-a-dub at no wake. I had also gone with a diy rear air years ago but I just recently installed a Fizzle exic. Beside the night and day throttle response, mid range pull and extra up top...you can clearly hear my sc at idle and even 50yds away @ wot.

[video=youtube;zHNl_DV6PBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHNl_DV6PBU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hell yeah.

You realize though...it's one factor in the equation. I had to add fuel and a taller prop. Throttle response is night and day better...mid-range pull is almost scary...almost. Still working on correct prop tweeking for the top end.

I have a 2009 RXT-X. Stock at this point. In your opinion, even if I was to change nothing else at this time, would the Fizzle make a difference or be worth it on a stick ski? Or with it would I need to increase the injectors?

I have a 2009 RXT-X. Stock at this point. In your opinion, even if I was to change nothing else at this time, would the Fizzle make a difference or be worth it on a stick ski? Or with it would I need to increase the injectors?

Your oem exic is already pretty good...maybe his 1000 model would be an improvement. Maybe not. You'd have to ask him. If something was wrong with yours...clogged...leaking ect....I bet dropping in a Fizzle wouldn't require you to add any fuel.

You never have taken off that oem grate have you? If not...try the R&D and then be able to up your prop...easy coupla mph w/o touching the motor.

If mine had an issue I'd drop one in for sure. Thanks for the info,,, I'll do some research. Thanks again.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback and order red2blue! I know you had been wanting to add the intercooler for a while :)

Coastaljoe, the Fizzle F1000 Kit will get you around 80-120 RPM on average and less heat fade. You won't need to add fuel because the stock ECU tune is very conservative.

This is the best performing Fizzle kit for all the 215 and all non-iBR 255 HP models http://www.pwcmuscle.com/fizzle-f1000-intercooler-complete-kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
My RXT-X is 255. Would that be the same as you linked above?

Yes. The easy way to tell is if your ski doesn't have the brake lever on the left hand handlebar, it is not equipped with iBR. Only the 255 suspension models in 2009 had the newer hull design that requires a different kit.

Mine is a manual reverse. I was asking if the 215 you referred to is the same application as my 255

I am well aware of what the IBR system is,,, that had no bearing on my question.

Mine is a manual reverse. I was asking if the 215 you referred to is the same application as my 255

I am well aware of what the IBR system is,,, that had no bearing on my question.

Sorry for confusion. The kit from the link does fit your 2009 RXT-X 255.

My point with the iBR is, whether or not you have iBR is the easy way to know which hull you have, which determines fitment. Here's the quote from my post above "This is the best performing Fizzle kit for all the 215 and all non-iBR 255 HP models" Again, sorry for the confusion.

Red2Blue,
You said you had to add fuel, that by bigger injectors or remapping and on video what size prop you were running, I have a stock 2005 RXT-215 want to get it where you are in video, any info will help.

Red2Blue,
You said you had to add fuel, that by bigger injectors or remapping and on video what size prop you were running, I have a stock 2005 RXT-215 want to get it where you are in video, any info will help.

Sorry for the delay....work schedule's been messed up.

I had the old S3 wheel installed years ago. That mod in conjunction with the rear air allowed me to replace the oem prop with a 14/19, which I then had to tweek a few mm to get the r's and mph peaked.

When I replaced the oem IC with the Fizzle I was forced to add fuel, ie 42lb'rs. This kept the oem ecu happy. But...with the extra hp I needed a 15/20 to keep the r's close to the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back