Insurance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
y[SUB]ou guys with $1M liability on just your skis, might want to do a price comparison on getting a seperate umbrella policy for liability so you are coverd across the board.[/SUB]

I'm sure it's available in the US. However..we're screwed in Canada for this type if insurance separation. Can't unbundle them and
almost all companies only provides for riding a portion of the year even! IIRC says nothing from Nov to March/April!!!

I'm sure it's available in the US. However..we're screwed in Canada for this type if insurance separation. Can't unbundle them and
almost all companies only provides for riding a portion of the year even! IIRC says nothing from Nov to March/April!!!

to clarify, at least with my ins company, you have to carry 300,000 of liability on all policies and can then get a seperate umbrella policy for additional liability.

$300,000 liability is the minimum in Canada. State Farm used to offer a PLUP (Personal Liability Umbrella Policy) that covered you for and additional $1 Mil right across the board on all your vehicles. So basically you've got 1.3 Mil liability for the price of 300,000 plus a minor premium for the PLUP policy.

.... theft too but only if the machines are locked up in a garage. ...
I'm pretty sure (cuz I asked specifically), that with my policy, the boat can be anywhere...at a friends house, my house., doesn't matter. It's covered. Nothing about chained/locked etc. Perhaps I'll look into it one of these days.

I went with April Marine on my 97 GS complete coverage including 1 mil liability and theft for $300. Premier's clause about theft only being covered in the garage sucks so I went elsewhere. I still have my boat with them and may change that next year.

I went with April Marine on my 97 GS complete coverage including 1 mil liability and theft for $300. Premier's clause about theft only being covered in the garage sucks so I went elsewhere. I still have my boat with them and may change that next year.

I'm at their site and the only broker is apparently in Ontario.....haven't bothered to call them from Vancouver as of yet. I'd like to read the
fine print.

I am in Vancouver and they are just starting to enter this market. Their price blew everyone else out of the water.

I called and got the quote as well as wording...

To insure my 2002 GTX DI's, with a FMV of $3000, $500 for portable equipment and $500 personal effects, Med payments of $5,000,
Accidental Death of $15,000 and $1 Million Liability would cost $351. Fine print seems OK - seadoos must be not in the water Nov
15 to April 15 (6 months coverage...I love it...) and cannot tow a tube etc with them. Non-owners must be PWC licensed to be covered.
I did NOT cover my trailer in this quote.

I can do liability only, which is nice but it's $300 a year for just that.

I currently have Premier Marine and for comparison to the first quote it's $350 - $1 cheaper. I cannot do liability only with Premier.

So basically I'm underwhelmed by April Marine - unless I do the liability only - which granted, is my main concern. I could save $100
a year that way which is nothing to sneeze at certainly.

Read the fine print with Premier, theft is only covered while it is in a secured garage, not on the trailer, not at the dock. Really dumb since if a theft were to occur it would be from the dock or while on the trailer, not in my garage. This is not the case with April Marine. Bought my insurance from Chambers Olson in Vancouver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the fine print with Premier, theft is only covered while it is in a secured garage, not on the trailer, not at the dock. Really dumb since if a theft were to occur it would be from the dock or while on the trailer, not in my garage. This is not the case with April Marine. Bought my insurance from Chambers Olson in Vancouver.

Did read the fine print - wasn't concerned with this as they are locked up otherwise - and you can easily lock up the hitch to make
it covered. I also doubt that theft from a dock or buoy is covered as that's the way easy way to steal them but they are checking
that out for me. I will report back. Like I said anyway, if I lose them, CRAP but I can recover from that. I can't recover from a $500k
injury claim.

Did read the fine print - wasn't concerned with this as they are locked up otherwise - and you can easily lock up the hitch to make
it covered. I also doubt that theft from a dock or buoy is covered as that's the way easy way to steal them but they are checking
that out for me. I will report back. Like I said anyway, if I lose them, CRAP but I can recover from that. I can't recover from a $500k
injury claim.

April Marine rep got back to me and yes indeed theft from a dock or buoy is covered. Shocking IMO but good news. The amount or value
is a depreciated value from the FMV which leaves a bit of an opening. Each policy year you state a FMV so how much could the
depreciation be in a few months....?

Here is mine with two skis and a trailer.. (Total of $237.00)
Credit rating of 840, no loan on the ski's, paid in full.

Driver(s) Sex Marital Status Date of Birth Driver Type License Number State SNI Filings
M Single/Separated **/**/1963 Rated Driver XXXXXXXXXX1303 OH N/A No

Watercraft Information

Year, Make, & Model HIN Vehicle Use Loan/Leasing Company
2010 Seado Gtx XXXXXXXL910 Pleasure Use Exclusively Usaa Bank
10750 Mcdermott Fwy, San Antonio, TX 78284
2009 Seado Rxtx XXXXXXXXA909 Pleasure Use Exclusively Usaa Bank
10750 Mcdermott Fwy, San Antonio, TX 78284

Trailer Information

Year, Make & Model Trailer Year Trailer Make
2010 Seado Gtx 2011 Mimam
2009 Seado Rxtx 2011 Mimam
Change Coverage

If you already have four watercraft on your policy and need to add another, please contact 1-877-280-8418

Coverage & Premium Information

2010 2009
Seado Seado

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $37.00 $34.00
BI $100,000 EACH PERSON - $300,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNINSURED BOATERS $8.00 $8.00
$100,000 EACH PERSON - $300,000 EACH ACCIDENT
MED PAY/WATERSKIER'S MED PAY $1,000 EACH PERSON $4.00 $5.00
COMPREHENSIVE THE LESSER OF ACTUAL CASH VALUE $46.00
AT THE TIME OF LOSS
LESS $500 DED OR $12,000
COMPREHENSIVE THE LESSER OF ACTUAL CASH VALUE $50.00
AT THE TIME OF LOSS
LESS $500 DED OR $13,699
COLLISION THE LESSER OF ACTUAL CASH VALUE $36.00
AT THE TIME OF LOSS
LESS $500 DED OR $12,000
COLLISION THE LESSER OF ACTUAL CASH VALUE $33.00
AT THE TIME OF LOSS
LESS $500 DED OR $13,699
WRECKAGE REMOVAL INCL INCL
MARINE ELECTRONICS DED $500 INCL INCL
TRAILER DED $250 INCL INCL
FUEL SPILL LIABILITY INCL INCL
$1,000 REPLACEMENT COST PE $250 DED $6.00 $6.00
COASTAL NAVIGATION 75 NAUTICAL MILES INCL INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE INCL INCL

Premium by Watercraft $137.00 $136.00
Total Policy Premium $273.00

I guess that's the power of having a consumer base of 350+ mil vs 35+ mil.

$273 vs $702 (and that's without the trailer!)

Here is mine with two skis and a trailer.. (Total of $237.00)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Premium by Watercraft $137.00 $136.00
Total Policy Premium $273.00

Coastiejoe, what insurance group are you insured by? Sounds like a great deal. I see the phone #

I have progressive.
Every thing I own is through them. So far I have had no issues when I have had a claim and my premiums did not go up after a claim.
I own the skis, the trailer, 2012 Lexus and a Honda bike.

I contacted a St. Andrews Insurance Brocker who got me a sweet deal with Aviva for me 2003 Seadoo GTX 185hp Supercharged... 338 a year, 500 deductible and 1m liability... Aviva will take from my Bank account 28 bucks everymonth... Not bad to secure my PWC... Dont you think..?? Btw, did i mention my ICatch trailer is included it in my policy..??? Sweet..!!!

Great car I have a 1931 5 window olds. Not done yet. Can I get more pictures of your Dodge?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 6
Back