Instrument Cluster Issue.. Also no beeps..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDewd

Hey, I have a Speedster 200 (I believe its an 05) and the battery was completely flat for a while (Its only 1 year old, radio got left on) and just got it fixed today.. (Took it into shop, had them check it since it wasnt jumping)..

But before that I was trying to jump it from a battery booster.. Wasn't working (950 amps) Boat was just clicking when I tried to start it.. (Now I know it didnt have enough power.. to start it.. weird) but anyways I was checking all the spark plugs and such, and checked some of the fuses.. Turned out the electrics are fine.. but i believe something got disconnected while I was doing that.. Now when I put the lanyard in it will not beep and the tach will just bounce up and down, and both the idiot lights (warning gauges) will just flash.. Both engines start fine and run great. I have a video of whats happening if you want to see it..

Also the fuel gauge and speedo work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCON8VVlV8M

Maybe a fuse blew or something? Didn't check them since It was getting dark.. Going to look at it more in depth tomorrow. Edit: Checked em.. Few posts below for update.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have probably blown the computer... never boost a seadoo. You'll fry the MPEM (computer)

Hey, I have a Speedster 200 (I believe its an 05) and the battery was completely flat for a while (Its only 1 year old, radio got left on) and just got it fixed today.. (Took it into shop, had them check it since it wasnt jumping)..

But before that I was trying to jump it from a battery booster.. Wasn't working (950 amps) Boat was just clicking when I tried to start it.. (Now I know it didnt have enough power.. to start it.. weird) but anyways I was checking all the spark plugs and such, and checked some of the fuses.. Turned out the electrics are fine.. but i believe something got disconnected while I was doing that.. Now when I put the lanyard in it will not beep and the tach will just bounce up and down, and both the idiot lights (warning gauges) will just flash.. Both engines start fine and run great. I have a video of whats happening if you want to see it..

Also the fuel gauge and speedo work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCON8VVlV8M

Maybe a fuse blew or something? Didn't check them since It was getting dark.. Going to look at it more in depth tomorrow.

Could someone please inform me how to get a seadoo with a dead battery going again if your stuck out on the lake and you can't boost it?

take battery out or at least disconnect and charge. (no boost)

are you sure the new battery you have in there is good? Try another battery to be sure

Battery seems fine (Has started engines a few times already without wear)
Warmed the boat up and took it for a fast run (All is working, except that issue.)
Checked all 3 fuse boxes.
Checked as many connections as I could (Found one cable without a mate on the fuel tank...)

We're having our mechanic look at it tomorrow... (Also checking the battery)

I'll post an update tomorrow or something... For seadoo not making the electrical system handle a boost/jump was a bad idea... Not happy with the electronics and I never was in the first place (One time we had both engine overheat warning lights go on because something broke... in the middle of the lake...)

I've never had any problems with the engines tho before.. They are rock solid so I'm not worried about anything with them.. Besides the electronics...

---

Also looking for a dual battery setup. More so the engines have the main battery to themselves. Lights/radio/blowers will draw off of alternate battery. Bilge pump off of either and the secondary cannot drain from the main battery would be ideal. Alternator(s) charge both. I'm more into auto mechanics..

I too would be surprised if jump starting a Seadoo can fry the computer. Surely the electronics aren't that fragile? I have jumped started two other jetskis before (Yamaha & Kawasaki) with no problems.

I'm keen to hear what the mechanics discover - keep us in the loop and good luck!

P.S. I top up my battery every couple of weeks or so with my trickle battery charger as batteries lose 10-15% of their charge every month and I also find that a day of waterskiing with the stereo going and continual stopping and starting of the engine never really charges the battery properly.

P.P.S. You may already be aware of this, it's important to spray down the electronics with a fish oil or something similar reguarly to prevent corrosion and ultimate failure on any marine vessel. I find the electronics behind the dash are particuarly prone to corrosion as they are out of sight, in a condensed area and can still get wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back