Installing 2007 OEM tower on 2003 Sportster 4Tec

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wantaspeedster

My Sportster came with the oval recessed shaped tower mounts but not with the tower!

I just picked up a 2007 OEM tower for a song. The 2007 version uses a different mount (sticks out more) and has different turrets on the feet of the tower that don't seem to work with the 2003 mounts.

The 2007 mounts seem more heavy duty and have 2 additional bolts. It seems like the thing to do is to install the 2007 mounts in place of the old oval ones.

I looked into retrofitting the feet of the tower to work with the 2003 mounts but just those are about $900!

My question is, is anyone more familiar with such a scenario and all these parts?

Also, to install these mounts, is there access behind the rear facing seat back on the 2003 Sportster? Or is the only way to create holes in the cooler and driver storage boxes?

Thank you for any insight. If anyone can post close-ups of their oval or later model rectangular tower mounts, it'd be helpful to see what the difference is between the 2 styles.

I should change my id. :) Maybe I'll wait and change it to, gottasportsterwithatower.

As far as selling the mounts, I'll post em them once I get that tower installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back