Injector open because voltage is 12.4 vs 10v?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen70

Had a P0264 code. When key is in and pump pressurized, Injector 2 Is leaking (On, flowing, giving fuel), even when I swap it out. Found the voltage is 12.4v (going to injector 2 connector), while the other injector connectors read 10.0volts
Any ideas?

Last edited:
The injectors work like the ignition coils; MPEM supplies the power; the ECU provides the ground to activate the circuit. I've seen this problem when guy from Spain posted a video of a similar fault last year. Ski-Doo suggested the guy change the ECU stating he's see this issue before and it's caused by a faulty ECU.

Your situation may be different, but if the injector remains open, the ECU is providing the ground. I'd check my wiring first ... make sure you don't have any electrical shorts to ground between the injector and the ECU.

The injectors work like the ignition coils; MPEM supplies the power; the ECU provides the ground to activate the circuit. I've seen this problem when guy from Spain posted a video of a similar fault last year. Ski-Doo suggested the guy change the ECU stating he's see this issue before and it's caused by a faulty ECU.

Your situation may be different, but if the injector remains open, the ECU is providing the ground. I'd check my wiring first ... make sure you don't have any electrical shorts to ground between the injector and the ECU.
Do you or anyone know which pin on the large plug goes to the injector #2 connector (ground side)? I would like to see if it’s being shorted to the ground.

Yes. Make sure the connector is connected to the fuel injector. Disconnect the "A" connector from the ECU. Check for continuity from Pin A33 to ground. If you don't have a short, the problem is probably in the ECU.

1530476728889.png

Yes. Make sure the connector is connected to the fuel injector. Disconnect the "A" connector from the ECU. Check for continuity from Pin A33 to ground. If you don't have a short, the problem is probably in the ECU.

View attachment 36247
How do I know what pin 33 is on connector A? This is for a 2004 GTX Wakeboard Edition. Attached is a picture of Connector A.

Attachments

• 41690B6F-EA85-43AD-A134-D8B743A326EB.jpeg
    41690B6F-EA85-43AD-A134-D8B743A326EB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You can download your shop manual at seadoomanuals.net. The pic below is from section 4, Engine Management.

1530555664234.png

Look at this and see if it helps, you can move the injector to a different cylinder to see if it does the same thing there. If it does then its the injector, but if a different injector stays open on the previously open hole then it's the wiring or computer. Swapping is a quick way to diagnosis.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    188.7 KB · Views: 17
You can download your shop manual at seadoomanuals.net. The pic below is from section 4, Engine Management.

View attachment 36264
Thanks. Is this for a 2004 4tec non-supercharged wake? My connector A looks slightly different then the illustration.

View attachment 36247
I’m wondering if this was caused by the used (cleaned, flow-tested) injectors I installed about 2 hrs before breaking down. What should I do to test the injectors (before I change the ecu and the injectors damage the new ecu)? It also sucked up a rope and overheated the day before, could that kill the ECM hours later the next day?

Last edited:

View attachment 36247
Thanks. Is this for a 2004 4tec non-supercharged wake? My connector A looks slightly different then the illustration.

I’m wondering if this was caused by the used (cleaned, flow-tested) injectors I installed about 2 hrs before breaking down. What should I do to test the injectors (before I change the ecu and the injectors damage the new ecu)?

View attachment 36247

I do not have a short between pin 33 and the (battery/chassis) ground when the injector is connected. I do have a short between pin 33 and the injector connector pin 1, so the wire is OK.
I changed out the injectors a couple of hours before, and it also sucked up a rope and overheated. Could any of those cause the ECM to fail. I’m concerned about using these used injectors that have been cleaned and flow-tested. Thoughts?

Pin A1 is not for an injector; that's the ground circuit for the #2 cylinder ignition coil. Did you try the swap that Digdog suggested?

To your second question; I don't see sucking up a rope causing damage to the ECU. Why are you concerned about the injectors? I'd only be concerned if they tested bad.

Yes, I switched injectors. Any injector that is plugged into the connector for #2 is stick on. It might have been that sucking up a rope and overheating the motor might have killed the ECM. These ECM’s are known to go bad in this fashon(#2 injector stick on).

I doubt the two events are related, but you never know. With your situation, this is the second time I've seen this reported on the forum.

Glad you got if fixed!
Update: It intermittently wil not start (cranks over, but won’t start -never happed before) I had my key and a new key programmed. If I switch key it will start. Note:Will run with either key. Thoughts from anyone?

Update: It intermittently wil not start (cranks over, but won’t start -never happed before) I had my key and a new key programmed. If I switch key it will start. Note:Will run with either key. Thoughts from anyone?
Maybe you need to have the throttle body calibrated to the new ecm

Check your grounds. You need a Can-Doo to see if the lanyards are registered in the ECU, and Digdog is correct. Check out your service manual on ECU replacement; there are steps in there for syncing the throttle position sensor to the ECU.

1531820682637.png

What type of ski did you get the ECU from, NA or SC?

1531820793483.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back