in need of so much help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

6racer

hey guys, i was recently givin a 2000 seadoo islandia with the merc 240 efi. now heres where im having trouble with the thing. first off. he has a big stereo in the boat. has 2 6v batteries in series and also 1 12v for the main power to the boat. but the main battery does not have a ground wire connected to it. the ground wire is connected to the 6v batteries. so i put the jumper to the pos term of the 12v battery and a ground on the motor. everything powers up engine turns over fine but no spark on all cyl, and aso theres a relay ticking when i turn the key on, its on the side of the motor, so what all do i need to check for on the no start and aslo what to do about the main battery neg cable

Given an Islandia... Nice.

OK... I would personally disconnect all the extra stuff to start with. It will make figuring out the issue easier.

So... just use the 12v, and hook it to the power, and ground it to the engine.

Second... before we can help... we need to know what engine you have. So... post up a pic of it.

I'm with Dr Honda.

Disconnect all that extra batteries and audio. Hook up only OEM items. You can always go back and hook things back up. But you do not want all the extra things while trying to diagnose an issue. It would be different if you did it and knew the condition and what not.

So I took out the 6v batteries put the main stuff all on 1 12v and kicks over good all accessories work but still no spark on any cyl

OK... You have an early 240 EFI.

No spark.....

1) I know you said all cyl's... but are we sure? (I don't what to sound like an ass, but just want to make sure)

2) Is the lanyard on the post? (There's a dead-man lanyard on the helm) It will crank, but no spark without it.

3) How good is the battery? These engines are sensitive to voltage.

There is a what looks like a push button switch there instead of the lanyard, the battery is fairly new and I also has a jumper pack on it one time to try it also

push the push button in as u turn the key and hold it down the whole time see if the engine starts the emergency lanyard is suppose to keep that pressed in so if u fly out of the boat it will release the push button killing the engine.

If you put a lanyard on that post... and you still don't get a spark... then you need to start checking parts one by one.

I would simply disconnect the kill wire at the CDI cluster.

Then, I would check the stator coils.

update. unplugged the lanyard switch thing. now i have spark. low pressure fuel pump works but found out high pressure fuel pump is not working. have it out and now getting a new one and see how it works when i get it back in

Nope... the high pressure pump isn't cheap.

BUT....

Take the vapor tank apart, and just clean the basket, and the pump. You may find it comes back to life.

Also... on the power, to that pump... the ECU controls the ground. SO, make sure there is 12v at the pump when you turn the key on. (may just have a bad fuse somewhere)

Was hoping to came back but it didn't , found out the boat sat for about 7 years, still trying to get that bad gas smell off my hands

After running 2 cans of carb cleaner through the pump I finally got it to turn over, it came back to life! !! Now it's time to put everything back together and hopefully it starts

She's alive!!!!! Is the pisser on the back supposed to be having a stream , cause its blowing very hot steam, And thanks for all the help everyone

Very nice....

Yes... the pisser in the back should be cooling water when running above idle in the water. (like a lake)

IF... this was on a garden hose... you simply don't have enough pressure/volume. DO NOT KEEP RUNNING IT ON A HOSE !!!!! The hose fitting is really just to do a basic flush, and not to run the engine with.

Steam is BAD!!

yea when i started to steam coming form it i turned it off. never ran it over 2-3 mins, and also. the fresh water pump isnt working it locked up. any1 have any recommendations on a after market pump?

Yes thank you for that link, def going to order a pump, also another question, on the back of the hull on lower part of the right side, there is a little Cone looking thing with a ball in it,, what is that thing ?

That's the scupper valve. It's the drain for the deck. It should be hooked to the drain that is close to the battery switch. The ball pushes closed when stopped, so water doesn't flow back in. But, while moving... it will let water drain out.

BUT... on the islandia, it's really kind of silly, since the main floor is the same height as the swim deck. (water will just spill out when throttling up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back