impellor replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

hi, i have a 2000 seadoo gs that i took into the dealer(Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer but they used to sell seadoos they still service them. they said i needed a carb rebuild and a battery ($500) then said they wanted to fix that before doing the impeller (they said it was chewed up) ($650) they said in all itd be around $1,100 to fix it. i told em id come pick it up next week are these hard jobs to take on? especially the impeller? and about how much do you think these parts would cost if someone was to do it theirselves
thanks cody

All these repairs can be done in the average guys garage. I wouldn't spend 1100 for repairs on a 14 yr old ski.

If you do these these repairs yourself, you will only spend a couple hundred bucks

Carb rebuild is the cost of a OEM Mikuni kit and some of your time doing some research and the actual rebuild. $65 maybe...

Battery: Go to a battery shop tell them what it's for and buy one. Put it in.

Impeller. Rebuild kit for the pump, (since it's off) $65 or so, Wear Ring (since it's off) $40 or so. Impeller, well, that's up to you. If you want a nice Solas, it will set you back a couple hundo.

I would get yours out and see how "chewed up" it really is, and go from there.

So, there you go. $2-400, give or take a few bucks in parts, and your time. It's worth learning how to do it unless you like to give $700 every time to your local shop to do it for you.

If you are serious about the hobby, hit up Dr. Honda for his pump tools. (Do a search) And an impeller tool. $15.

alright guys i appreciate it. 400 or 1100 hmm.. yeah i need to learn how to do the basics of mechanics on them anyways thanks

Change your gray fuel lines too, while you're at it. Those will cause problems.

Want to reiterate this. If your ski has the Grey Tempo lines replacing them is a MUST. Clean or replace fuel selector, fuel filters and the plastic filters inside the carbs when you go through them.

He'll remove them after he posts 30 pictures of the green goo inside of them(like his compression posts). LOL haha

In just messing with you, but you can change the wear ring, impeller, rebuild carbs etc... And it's all a big waist if you don't change those lines

97GtxMan1687; it's all a big waist if you don't change those lines[/QUOTE said:
I cannot agree more.

Think of them like your arteries and the engine is the heart. The green goo is fat and cholesterol. The more Green Goo the worse the engine performs. Even worse, it creates a lean condition that destroys 2-strokes as they get less oil and the lean condition puts holes in the pistons.

First of all, for what reason did you take it in for service? What's wrong with it?

If it's running fine, they were probably trying to upsell you on shit that you don't need. I can bring my car into any garage and 6 out of 10 will tell me I need all the brakes done

First of all, for what reason did you take it in for service? What's wrong with it?

If it's running fine, they were probably trying to upsell you on shit that you don't need. I can bring my car into any garage and 6 out of 10 will tell me I need all the brakes done
:agree: 100% recheck their diagnosis.

hi, yes i will replace the lines lol and i took it in because i wasnt sure why it wouldnt throttle out i was thinking it was just a carb problem (but it only starts when it wants to) they said its getting spark and everything but they said the impellor is chewed up. idk how that could be because i always get in waist deep before gettin on it and starting it but makes since i guess. couldve been a tree stump or anything

Dude a tree stump won't get anywhere near an impeller

You still haven't told us why you brought it in

So after everyone telling you change those grey fuel lines you decided to take it to a shop?
It's not going to run right until you get those lines replaced

hi, yes i will replace the lines lol and i took it in because i wasnt sure why it wouldnt throttle out i was thinking it was just a carb problem (but it only starts when it wants to) they said its getting spark and everything but they said the impellor is chewed up. idk how that could be because i always get in waist deep before gettin on it and starting it but makes since i guess. couldve been a tree stump or anything

Sounds like a lean mixture/plugged carb problem to me, caused by the Tempo fuel lines that dissolve and corrode and fill the carbs with gum and trash.

If it were mine, the first thing I would do is tear the carb(s) down and clean them, as well as replace the fuel lines, otherwise running too lean like that will eventually destroy your compression.

Before you do anything else CHANGE THE FUEL LINES, clean the fuel delivery system. If you don't do this you won't have to worry about anything else because you won't have a running ski. The saga continues.........

Lou

Before you do anything else CHANGE THE FUEL LINES, clean the fuel delivery system. If you don't do this you won't have to worry about anything else because you won't have a running ski. The saga continues.........

Lou
Do all the grey Seadoo fuel lines do this or only certain years/models?

Everyone that I know of. Some are slower at it based on the fuel that is used, but ethanol eats the Grey Lines from the inside out.

Ford Man definately likes to post stuff and disappear for long periods of time. It's almost like he forgets about it and starts another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back