Impeller Wear

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad lanclos

I was going to change my wear ring on my `05 seadoo sportster and noticed good size pieces of the impeller corners missing. Would this cause the same type of problem as if the wear ring was worn because because the ring dont really look all that bad. How much better performance do you get out of a performance impeller than a stock.

Damage....

If you noticed some bad damage on your impeller, it's practically impossible for that not to affect the clearance on your wearing ring. Just because you see a smooth surface on the ring, doesn't mean the clearance is good. Look at the distance between the middle of one of the blades and the edge of the ring.........you shouldn't have anymore than 1/16th of an inch between them.
Replace the impeller. You can get an OEM refurbished one at www.sbtontheweb.com
I use them all the time.

:agree: To add to skatman's reply the exact clearence is .040", between impeller and wear ring.

Karl

Pump Removal

Thanks for all your input guys.I removed the pump today on my 05 seadoo sportster and when I took off the impeller cover and cleaned out all the grease ,I noticed there was no circlip.Should there be one?

Yes, there is a circlip on the shaft behind the Impeller. The part Number is 293370038.
Sorry, I didn't respond quicker.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back