Impeller removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremedesign10

Dumb question number 12~ When taking off the impeller with the tool and a 12mm allen ...which direction loosens the bolt? Counter clock or righty tighty ???

I've got the same question. Trying to remove mine right now. It's not budging either way so far.

ok, i found it in manual...

19, Impeller
Insert impeller shaft holder (P / N 295 000 082) on
impeller shaft flat end.
Using 2 screws previously removed from venturi, secure shaft holder to housing. To ease removal
heat impeller center with a propane torch to approximately 150° C (300° F) to break the Loctite
bond.
Impeller is loosen using impeller remover tool (P /
N 295 000 001).
Install shaft holder in a vice.
Insert special tool in impeller splines.
Rotate impeller remover tool counterclockwise
and unscrew completely impeller

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to remove it and finally install the new one... What a relief! Actually a pretty easy task overall. Here are some pix before I did my test run on the water today. I was able to install my new Hydro-Turf today too! Love it soo much! Great upgrade. I have a total of 9 hours on the boat and have been able to hit about 55 mph.. today I hit 61. There aren't enough "O's" in how SMOOOOOTH and fast it was. Now I have my new Fusion iPod deck and speakers, Hydro-Turf and it runs perfect! Check out the pix

Attachments

• impellers.jpg
    impellers.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56
  • removed wear ring.jpg
    removed wear ring.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 51
  • new wear ring.jpg
    new wear ring.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 50
  • hydro turf.jpg
    hydro turf.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 49
  • wear ring.jpg
    wear ring.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 52
Looks good. Probably feels like a brand new boat too. Your ring and impeller looked rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back