Impeller clearance question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reardon41

So i just got done rebuilding my jet pump, everything except the impeller and the shaft it screws onto. After i finished i spun the impeller and noticed that i grazes the wear ring in 1 maybe 2 spots up near the edge of the wear ring. You can feel the hesitation when it gets to that spot or spots.. other than that it spins nice and smooth and still has a little back and forth play like it should so im wondering if this is normal? A buddy of mine said on both pumps he has rebuilt the same thing happened an that its "normal" but that doesnt seem right to me. I tried to get a few pics but they arnt the greatest lol

Attachments

• 20160427_193314_zpsjapajpxv.jpg
    20160427_193314_zpsjapajpxv.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160427_193331_zpszbfbrjwv.jpg
    20160427_193331_zpszbfbrjwv.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
pretty normal, spray some wd40 on it before you start it the first time and it may cut/shave clearance which is fine.

Oh ok cool. Thats what my buddy said but i just didnt want to take his word for it since hes only done 2 of them lol. Thanks man!

Like said above its normal, but a little lube doesn't hurt, I also file down the edges of impellers when rebuilding pumps.

Rob

Ill keep that in mind. I thought about it but since this is my first one i didnt want to mess with it not knowing for sure. Thanks 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back