I'm looking to buy,or someone who can fix , a speedometer cluster gauge for a 2005 Seadoo RXP 4-tec supercharged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

danysony

I'm looking to buy,or someone who can fix , a speedometer cluster gauge for a 2005 Seadoo RXP 4-tec supercharged s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• rxp gauge.jpg
    rxp gauge.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 10
I've done this before. It's not too bad. You have to cut it all the way around with a dremel or hack saw. Cut along the black portion. I glued mine back together with epoxy. It comes apart pretty easy. Be VERY careful with the speedo needles. They are extremely brittle. Mine fell to the ground and broke, had to pillage junk yard cars. Then you will have to get to the lcd screen by peeling off the old polarizer. Use solvent to get the glue all the way off to where you're just down to glass. You can get a new polarizer screen off ebay or amazon. They're cheap and come in sheets. Before you cut it, you must power the gauge on and put the polarizer up to it and rotoate to the point where you can see the info. Mark the orientation, then cut it out and glue it on. Kind of a weird job, but not too bad. Look up replacing polarizers for more details. I'll have to find the pics of mine when I did years ago. Its on a different PC that's not hooked up atm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back