Ignition Coil - to suit 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronullalad

Hi all,
Is there a replacement Ignition Coil available to suit my 1998 Challenger 1800 fitted with twin 787 engines. All my searching shows that Ignition Coil P/N 204470236 is no longer available....is there an alternative P/N available ???
Thanks for your help.

Hi Cronullalad, just saw your post and noticed that you are in Sydney. I am restoring a Speedster with twin 787, am at the very early stages and for sure won't have my boat in the water this summer, have to completely rebuild both engines. I assume my coils are good, if that's any help to you I can lend you mine so you get some use out of your boat while the weather is that good?

Hi gfk, thank you for your very generous offer. Late this afternoon I discovered that the securing bolt holding the 3 black wires below the coil was marginally loose, I nipped it up and bing-go every thing worked sweetly.
Again, thanks for your offer.....hope you get back on the water soon.

Hi IDoSeaDoo,
Yes, normally I would agree but after swapping the Ignition boxes between engines I was convinced it was the issue. As i mentioned above to gfk, the problem seems to have been just a slightly loose connection. Really appreciate the new contact for parts...I sure there will be occasion in the near future to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back