Ignition coil question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeb

I really appreciate this website, and have used lots of useful information for 2 restorations. Thanks in advanve help with this.

When Seadoo intigrated the cdi, they also changed part numbers for the ignition coils. Will an older, 96 back ignition coil, work in an integrated cdi model like lots of 97 98 99 2 strokes. The PO had an older one in there. The stator and the coil are the only things not new. Actually the coill is new because I looked at the part number, bought a new one, not realizing it was not the original coil. If they can be used why change part numbers on the coil for integrated cdi models?

I'm using an integrated cdi-mpem from a 97 gtx with a 96 coil. So I'd say yes.

The afermarket usually lists them as replacement for both but sometimes not, and its aftermarket....

I will keep looking for air/fuel leaks.

Thanks

Actually i have another question if you dont mind?

On my diagram for fuel routing for the 97xp, they run 8mm supply lines until they reduce it to 6mm a foot or so in front of the carbs.

What do you think the purpose of that is? If I accidently used 6mm for everything would it hinder performance? The short runs between carbs are supposed to be 6mm too.

Thinking either to standardize between that model and the 951 model since it uses the 8mm throughout or it has something to do with having enough fuel volume for the carb. I'm not sure about that myself.

Just a running change seadoo did. The newer SPX's went to the larger hose too and they are exactly the same as the 1996 XP that is perfectly supplied by the smaller hose.

Oh ya I realize that and appreciate the feedback. Just what mechanical reason would they have to narrow it back down 1ft from the carb?

Thinking either to standardize between that model and the 951 model since it uses the 8mm throughout or it has something to do with having enough fuel volume for the carb. I'm not sure about that myself.

I thought that too. And immediately thought why not run 18mm or 180mm or mount the gas tank right on top of the carbs? Does a 951 run 8mm to the carb or does it neck down to 6mm too?

I think it was a standardization thing but also that with 8mm that would already be the overkill equivalent which would be more than enough no matter what the setup. Also would help in standardizing their parts stock.

The 787 has two different types of accell pump carbs that I've seen. Most take a 6mm line but some had an 8mm nipple on the carb. All the 951's I've seen had the 8mm nipple.
Or maybe there was a shortage of 6mm lines :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back