If not one thing it's another...mpem/ no spark/ help please!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlhutch822

Okay so i bought a 95 seadoo sp 580 from a friend of mine and he said it would run then blow the fuse on the mpem after a little bit. so i got on here and everyone said the mpem was bad... so i replaced the whole electrical box with a new one, but it was out of a 93 or 94 and it was a little bit different. It had relays on the mpem instead of fuses. but i got it cheap and all of the wires seemed to match up. I went to start it and it tried for a second to run then no spark at all. So i took it to my mechanic he changed a conection it it fired up and ran 4 or 5 times flawlessly and right in front of me. The next day i brought it home and now no spark again??? Called my mechanic back and he said he had no more ideas...So hopefully you guys will!!! Thanks alot

Did it blow the same fuse as the original module kept blowing? If not I would go thru and check the engine ground to make sure the connections are clean and tight. Make sure the battery is fully charged(always unhook from the seadoo to charge), or boost from a vehicle but do not run vehicle that is boosting while cables are hooked up to the seadoo. Other than that maybe one of the true techs will jump in and give ya some more help here.

no, actually the fuse blowing problem has gone away and battery brand new that i trickle charged just to make sure. now just no spark when i hit the start button. although right when i let off the start button sometimes ill get 2 or 3 sparks before it stops rolling over.

probably the first mpem (oem) is ok, and that you have a short, down inside the mag housing. Pull cover off, and shop vac/wipe out all in there..metal shavings.

Then try again, if problem still, then disconnect the black/red wire from "butt connectors" and give shot. If fires up, you'll need to pull the choke to kill it. If thats the case, you need a new mpem, again, or install the original one.

okay thanks for the input guys! Really appreciate it. I'll give that a shot and see what happens...already left for the weekend but will see on monday.:cheers:

umm well i'm not sure what that is but i would say thats a pretty good indication that i don't have it....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back