Idle adjustment?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randypape

Hello,
So I have the flame arrestor and things off the top of the carburetors I can see all the high speed low speed and idle screw and was wondering if I can just turn the idle screw a half or full turn and leave it at that or should I hook water to it and run it and do it that way? A lot of these screws aren't that easy to get to I don't know how you even see them with the stuff on top the carbs. I don't have a tach to check this idle for sure but I know it doesn't idle very good at all right now. I appreciate any thoughts or comments on this. Other than the idle this thing runs great it's a 1996 GTI and I really have fun with it the way it is but wanted to idle better because if I give it just a hair on the throttle it smoothes right out.

One other thing I noticed is one of the low speed adjuster screws doesn't have the pin going through it. So would that have to be replaced to adjust? I'm really hoping I'm not opening up a can of worms because past idle this thing runs great so I'm probably wondering if I should have left it alone.

It's actually a rough idle and if I just give it a little bit on the throttle it smoothes right out so I'm thinking it's too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back