Ibr problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcoach1953

I have a 2011 Wake Pro 215. One of the plastic arms in the reverse gate broke. I replaced the part, changed bushings, and reassembled. I started motor, gate went to neutral and all worked fine. I wanted to double check torques on bolts so I did manual override of IBR checked all bolts and switched override off. Started motor and now I have IBR red light on and fault code c2102. Manual override VTS doesn't work either. Gate doesn't move to neutral when starting motor. Can anyone help? Thanks.

It will throw that code for several reasons one being a binding or dragging system. Make sure that all linkage moves freely when disconnected from motor connection.

Thank you. I disconnected from motor and checked gate. Gate moves freely up and down and all seems good. Connected up to motor again and started up but got red IBR light seconds after motor fired up. Same code C2102.

Leave it disconnected and start up.

A bad connection, or bad wiring harness can also cause this code. Lastly, the ibr itself going out can also cause this.

How is your battery? The ibr is sensitive to proper voltage. A weak or even older battery will start to cause ibr issues.

Check your electrical connections where the wires meet the terminals as well as the connection itself in the connectors.

Checked all connections. All seem good. Replaced IBR fuses and recharged new battery. Still not working. Got message on screen "IBR MODULE ERROR".

That's not good but did you take each wire out of the connector of the multi wire connector at the ibr unit? This is a typical spot for corrosion in the wire itself. You have to look at each wire individually. Pull one out, inspect closely with magnifying goggles and pulling, bending, if good, put back in, do the next one.

What's the 9 digit model number on your ibr? As I recall, they pretty mixed fixed all the ibr problems in 2011 from 09 and 10 that had high failure rates of the modules.

I wonder if I've done something when I disconnected the motor. Prior to doing this I was getting code C2102 and no engine light no continuous beep. After I disconnected IBR motor and started engine I got different code UO 129, engine light and continuous beep and that's what I get now.

I've seen them throw different codes after awhile when the ibr pcb is failing. It is looking like you will need a new ibr. I've helped others out on here giving them a pretty good discount on the ibr unit but they are not cheap and seadoo won't split up the motor, mechanism, and electronics like they should since all you need is the electronics so you have to buy the whole assy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back