IBR issues HELP!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Chark

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 2015 sea doo spark and am very excited to use it this summer. I purchased it with only 7 hrs.

The other day I took it out for the first time and had a blast. Everything worked great as it should. I used the IBR function going pretty fast and heard a long beep. Then the IBR sign on the screen started blinking. The IBR bucket seemed to be stuck up. I shut the ski off and fired it back on. The bucket dropped down and neutral and reverse worked. Once I squeezed the throttle to go forward the same beep came on and IBR started blinking on the screen. Turned the ski off and back on and it did the exact same thing. The bucket stays down until I move forward with the throttle then then beeeeeep and IBR blinks.

I went through the wiring to make sure all connection were tight and it was receiving the correct voltage (it has a brand new battery in it) I also made sure fuses were tight and not blown. I proceeded to take the whole top half of the ski off to check to see if there were any wires shorting.... didn’t see anythjng

As a last effort I took the IBR bucket off to see if the arm was able to move back and forth freely without it.... NO DICE! Same problem was occurring.

I am still having the same issues. Does anyone have any advice? Should I take to a dealer? Is there an inexpensive code reader I can buy? Could I have fixed the problem and the computer just needs codes to be re set?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time!!

Thank you for the response. Yes, it has a brand new battery in it with one ride. Voltage is reading to spec.

Just borrowed a tool. Codes are

B2200
C0042
C0043
C2114
C2115
C2146

Anyone think my ibr actuator is bad? the ski has 7 hrs :(

I had a very similar issue. In looking at your codes, they all come back to a poor connection, Amperage or voltage issue.

I had the same problem with a few more codes than you.

Took everything related to the module and wiring apart. All looked perfect. Cleaned it all, wire brushed it, put it back together with dielectric grease. Problem was solved for only the next ride. Most codes came back.

My battery was the issue. It would start the ski with no issue but the amperage was low. Upgraded to an Odyssey battery and no more problem.

Back