IBR gate is stuck slightly down giving me drag in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchyma

The IBR gate is slightly stuck down in the water giving me drag. I was inspecting the steering cable last night and don’t know what I have done to cause it to stay down a little in normal operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

How can you know it is down ? When it's throttle off or in reverse it is supposed to be down, when you give it throttle it goes up, unless you get it into IBR Override mode and move it all the way up and inspect the gate to see if it is interfering with the water jet there is no other way to know.

When I put it on the trailer is looks ‘slightly’ down further then it usually is. Could be my imagination, however I’m not getting the top speed are usually do at full throttle if feels like I’m dragging. This only happened after the first time I put it in override mode on the trailer the day before to see how everything is going

If it is in IBR override and it is interfering with the water jet then something is loose or worn out or the IBR motor is not functioning properly. I would think if the gate was in the water jet while you are at any stage of throttle you would notice the noise and the water spray , again use the IBR override and see if it is in the way of the jet.

I took some photos when I got out of the water. I could be over thinking things but it seems slightly lower then usual. I do have an IBR fault in the dash which I have another post asking for tips. The IBR is working fine, just has the fault light up.

Attachments

• C92D8F2F-3C64-4AB3-BF0D-7E523287EE95.jpeg
    C92D8F2F-3C64-4AB3-BF0D-7E523287EE95.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 8
  • EF017092-2AF6-4801-B431-D0874C5B54C7.jpeg
    EF017092-2AF6-4801-B431-D0874C5B54C7.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 6089A446-6010-4640-BF1E-62BD37A8F7C6.jpeg
    6089A446-6010-4640-BF1E-62BD37A8F7C6.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 6
I don't see a problem in these photos, you could check for loose bolts and bushings , worn out bushings would cause the gate to sit a little lower, the two bolts holding the IBR itself to the gate assembly if they are loose eventually the whole thing will drop.

Thanks mate, I will attempt to get these looked at, as I have had a look and nothing visibly I can pick up on. There is a bit more movement in the gate then perhaps should be. Rattles on the trailer

If you measure off the IBR guard to the IBR the maximum backlash is 25mm. Make the measurement with the IBR up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back