IBR brake was stuck closed now stuck open and in limp mode.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tothecurb13

I have a 2012 gtx 260 53 hours and the ibr gate was stuck closed. I applied direct battery to motor and got the gate to lift. Now its stuck open and obviously trim does not work, brake doesnt work, nuetral doesnt work reverse not working and cruise control doesnt work. Engine light is on and codes 2102 and another code but i forgot the second code. also it shows "IBR module fault" I have appointment to take it to dealer tomorrow but was wondering if it could be something simple. I checked all fuses and they are good.

I think the IBR MODULE is toast. over $1000 ;(((((
they are a handle like eggs Module not the best reliable seadoo has produced , think they are on revision 6

Nope I took apart the IBR with a utility knife ( by the way that was a pain in the ass) and and regreased the plastic screw drive gear. Siliconed every thing back up and installed it. Everything works perfect now and all codes are gone.

Might be a good idea to recondition your gate now that you got your motor working again. A good cleaning and gate bushings are cheap.

The motor is working fine. The plastic gear just looked like it rotated to much and jammed a little into the case which made it stick. everything on the gate looks brand new. Nothing is egg shaped perfectly round and tight not even a scratch. But just wanted everyone to know that by taking the actuator gearing case apart and unjamming it and regrease it you might not have to spend $
1500 for the part and installation

Probably should have for everyone else to see but I don't have the patience or time for pictures step by step. Just wanna get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back