I heard a pop while on the Lake loss of power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobR

I have a 2008 GTI 130 I was on the Lake running and all the sudden I heard a pop not a loud pop but the jet ski just slowed right down and then I went ahead and tried to move forward again. The engine sounded fine but I was getting a loss of power. Even though the RPM's got up to 7000 it felt like it was only running at about half the speed. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them but, I would appreciate any help you could give me not sure what to look for. I bought the ski about a week ago from somebody else. So I may have bought a headache, I hope not. Oh it also has 180 hours on the ski.

Sounds like you hit something underneath.
Check the I take grate, impeller and wear ring.
Something has gone through there I bet.

Thanks, I will give it a check heading home now so that will be the 1st thing I look at appreciate your information.

Usually that's what it is unless something stripped. But if you can still move and it revs out like that it means you have some sort of damage or clog to the jet drive.

It looks like I ran over a nylon rope. You can see it in the picture.

Attachments

• 20190618_184923.jpg
    20190618_184923.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
The wear ring looks to be intact. But the housing looks like it is beat the CHit on the port side. Is the housing cracked on the top is that just a really bad photo?

Start by cutting the nylon rope out of there and see if it gets power back. But still...I'd be addressing that housing issue. Assuming I'm looking at the picture correctly. Remember that the water needed for your cooling system comes from the top two ports in the pump housing. If that is damaged you could be losing cooling so watch the temps.

edit: I see what Sportster is saying. That may not be nylon rope but could be strands of the wear ring coming out? I still see a wear ring in there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back