I am one lucky lady! Look what I found! 2004 Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Lucky lady found 2004 Islandia 240EFI

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

It does need some repairs. Here are some of them. If anyone has parts or suggestions on how to repair please feel free to post them.

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

I know I need an intake grate. It still has the weedless. The gas gauge works. The speedo, tach and stereo do not work. The ski locker is missing a hinge and it looks like the fiberglass on the locker door itself is cracked. The rear ladder door is completely off mad the ladder itself is no longer attached. The bilge pump does not work. There are a few places in the hull from where it was put on and off the rack that needs repair. Nothing structural. Just cosmetic. The engine will need routine service come spring time.

I'd like to find front and side curtains for the Bimini but I know those are a long shot. And of course I need an extended ride plate from Aquaman or I could take the one off of my challenger. But I figure that when it sell it this spring the new owners would appreciate it as much as we did.

My dad has already bought me all new chrome cleats for Christmas!
I also need a box of magic erasers to clean a little rust from all of the other chrome/metal pieces. It'll have her looking new and shiny come spring!

I will also be selling my 2000 Challenger 1800. I wish I could keep them both!!

The fountain pump works, the sink works.

The

S/N 0E374776
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice boat, here is our local expert on this boat. Calling tony [MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION]

Great looking boat! Hopefully you get all the parts you need. Be sure to checkout www.seadoowarehouse.com for OEM parts. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. :cheers:

Looks great, and the repairs look minor. (Few rivets, and a drill will take care of most of that)

It's killing me that I have to put mine to bed for the year. I've been gone for work... and I hope we don't get a heavy snow before I get home. (I'm in Austin until Friday)

Looks great, and the repairs look minor. (Few rivets, and a drill will take care of most of that)

It's killing me that I have to put mine to bed for the year. I've been gone for work... and I hope we don't get a heavy snow before I get home. (I'm in Austin until Friday)
Hey Dr. Honda - I'm in Austin for work this week as well

Nice looking boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wow, that Islandia looks spectacular... Mega jealous, those are so sweet and yours looks exceptionally nice! Congrats.

Thats a great looking boat, doesnt seem like anything too major is needed should be tons of fun!

I've got Spring fever! :coolgleam:

Stainless Steel ride plate is on order with Aquaman1.
Stainless Steel intake grate has been purchased.
New chrome cleats were bought for me as a Christmas present.
I'm going to order the rear ladder parts and the parts for the ski locker hinge. along with the rear seat support parts.

204610749 LOCKING SUPPORT Seadoo warehouse doesn't appear to have any of these. Suggestions?

204070634 TABLE POST - Anyone know the dimensions on this? I think I'll try to find PVC?
(Dr Honda: Where does the table top and leg stow when not in use? Do you have a picture?)

Gas/Fuel Cap. The one that is there now has a "key". Can I get one with tabs? So I don't need the key?

I'm a little nervous about the speedo, tach, stereo and bilge pump issues. I'm hoping that the bilge just needs replaced. Electrical stuff is one area that does not suit me!

I have the original cover that came with it. It looks to be in great shape except for it's covered in diesel fuel soot. I hate to just throw it away but I got a new one from Poppy.

I need some Mercury Marine Phantom Black Spray Paint to clean up the area of the intake grate too. Is that framing made of steel or aluminum? What primer should I use?

Anything I can do to help performance?

I'm still in search of a trailer. I found a local guy that can make me one. . .I am hoping to find one soon though.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments on my up coming repairs? Tips & tricks?

The seat support parts? Don't you just need some pop rivets? Or is the support busted? (looked OK from the pic)

My boat is wrapped up still so I really can't help with pics, or a size on it. (Sorry) But, I wouldn't go with PVC. If you put side pressure on it, it will snap. It needs to be steel or aluminum. The table and leg go in the side door, in the rear of the boat. There should be a couple clips on the bottom of the storage box, and then there should be a tall bungee with a hook to hold the table. If it wasn't still winter, I would pull the wraps, and get the pics.

The fuel cap is a standard deck cap. So, you can get them at any boat shop. I can't say I've seen one with "Wings"... but you could replace the entire neck with a standard "Seadoo" style cap. The deck key can be a pain... but I bought 2 off ebay cheap. I keep one in the boat, and one in my truck, so it's not a big deal.

Don't get a custom trailer. Just find a boat trailer for a 22' deck boat. It shouldn't be that hard to get.

The pump housing is aluminum. I don't think you really need primmer. Just make sure it's clean before spraying it.

I'm not sure if its steel or aluminum but if it is steel rustolium makes some pretty good stuff make sure to sand or ruff it up well. Or if you have a place that can do electroplating I would go that route will hold up much longer then spray paint and normally isn't terribly expensive. Sounds like you have a nice pile of parts to get you moving! post more pics as you get stuff done!
I've got Spring fever! :coolgleam:

I need some Mercury Marine Phantom Black Spray Paint to clean up the area of the intake grate too. Is that framing made of steel or aluminum? What primer should I use?

Where did you get the Stainless Steel intake grate ?

Thanks,
Scott

You should be able to get it from any Merc shop. It's the "Rock Grate". (quicksilver 854810T1)

It's good for keeping small rocks out, but plugs quick with sea grass. SO... it's not recommended for lakes with weeds.

I am a Lake & River kinda gal. The weedless grate would suck and catch plastic bags (Walmart bags) and I have heard stories of the tines breaking off the weedless and junking the impeller. The rock grate has never clogged on me.

Dr Honda, the picture of the seat support. The small bracket has been bent and the holes stretched. What would you recommend for the repair?

Great idea on the gas cap key. I'll order another one and that should make it much easier and make me feel better. Are all Deck Keys the same? Space between the lugs?

I am a Lake & River kinda gal. The weedless grate would suck and catch plastic bags (Walmart bags) and I have heard stories of the tines breaking off the weedless and junking the impeller. The rock grate has never clogged on me.

Yep... that happens, and some people say it's a "Ticking Time Bomb." But, if you keep an eye on it... it's not that bad. A lot of people like the rock grate. It's the safest option, just may clog more depending on where you boat.

Dr Honda, the picture of the seat support. The small bracket has been bent and the holes stretched. What would you recommend for the repair?

If that was my boat, I would simply pound it flat again with a hammer, and then put aluminum washers over the holes, and put in new pop-rivets. (it's common to back a rivet with an aluminum washer) There's no reason that should be broken. Someone was being rough (or drunk) with it.

Great idea on the gas cap key. I'll order another one and that should make it much easier and make me feel better. Are all Deck Keys the same? Space between the lugs?

SeaSense makes the universal keys I have. They aren't great, but they work, and they are cheap.

http://www.iboats.com/Seasense-Deck-Plate-Key/dm/view_id.237395

Dr Honda. . . My rear ladder is detached from the mounting brackets. Can you tell me what is needed to repair? I've looked at the microfiche but can not locate.
Also, for the ladder door hinge there are 2 part numbers for the rivets. 293150008 and 293150088. Can anyone tell me what in the heck is the difference?

IMG_7446.jpg
01fd1d1e249fce83cb5649746d5fb727be86b74fc7.jpg
ladder eBay sample.jpg

Since it's the rear ladder... it's not so hard. Get some large "Body" washers, and put them under the fiberglass, and just bolt the ladder back down.

As far as the rivets... don't buy the seadoo parts. They are going to be overpriced. Head over to your local hardware store, and buy a box of aluminum rivets that are the right size. Take the hinge with you, and ask an employee they need to fit the holes in the hinge. The length isn't as critical, but they need to be long enough to go all the way though the hull.

It's not the brackets to the hull. It looks like I'm missing the bolt, washers and lock nuts that go through the ladder to the hull bracket. I can't really tell from my pictures. I wish I would have taken better detailed pics before storing it.

Good news is I found a local trailer!! That's one item ✔️ off my list.

Fenders..... Dr. Honda what size fenders do you use with your Islandia to tie up to a dock? How many do you recommend?
I'm quite sure that none of the ones I had from my Challenger will be large enough

I purchased 6 of the 6.5 x 23

I got my Islandia out of storage today. I have a few questions for whoever might be able to answer. . .

#1 - Neither of my ladders are attached to their mounting brackets. Can someone provide me with bolt, screw, nut information to mount the ladder to the mounting brackets that are mounted to the hull?

#2 - Can someone confirm for me the part numbers for the torx bolts for the intake grate? I don't remember their being 2 different sizes. (832838 SCREW, (M6 x 20), With Nylon Patch AND 40107 25 SCREW, (M8 x 25))

#3 - Can anyone chime in on support shocks for the engine cover and the head door? The OEM ones are CrAzY expensive. Have you replaced with aftermarket ones? If so, who, what, where and how much?

#4 - I got new cleats for Christmas. One of the cleat screws broke off just under the fiberglass (where you can't get to it). Other than an Easy Out, does anyone have any suggestions? And can anyone confirm the part number for the screws? 204100144 SOCKET HEAD SCREW Mine are a bit worn out :facepalm:

#5 - Bilge pump, Stereo, Speedometer and Tachometer did not work when I took it for a test drive. I checked all of the fuses (in the fuse block farthest left) and all were ok. I still cleaned the connections. I also unplugged the wires and checked and cleaned those too. I did not have multi-meter with me to check for power but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions?

#5a - I'm betting that the stereo is non functioning. What replacements have you guys used?

#6 - Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2 different pop rivets that are used to mount the ladder door hinge? AVDEL RIVET (3/16") Qty-6 AND 293150088 POP RIVET (3/16") Qty-14

1) Mine's still wrapped up... so I'm not sure at the moment.

2) I will check on that.

3) Those gas shocks are a little pricey... but the Seadoo version's are dumb. Just measure the compressed, and extended legth, and you can order a generic version from McMaster Carr.

4) DO NOT try using an ez-out. Those are for broke bolts, that aren't corroded in place. You will break the easy out !!! SO... there is an aluminum plate with a threaded hole glued in behind the hull. since you broke the bolt off... just knock it though, and glue in a new plate. (or nut) But, here again... don't buy OEM hardware. You can order them from McMaster Carr too.

5) There are a couple more fuses in the system. They aren't easy to get to though. If you get in the engine compartment, and look up inside the Starboard side... up to where the battery switch is mounted... you will see some in-line fuses in the wires. I think there is a 20A that feeds the helm.

5a) I used an old car CD player I had sitting around. Boat head units don't live long... so I never invest too much into them.

6) It's a length thing. Here again... don't get OEM. Just buy a couple packs at your local hardware store, and sped less for way more.

#1 - Neither of my ladders are attached to their mounting brackets. Can someone provide me with bolt, screw, nut information to mount the ladder to the mounting brackets that are mounted to the hull? I think they are 5/16" x 1" or 1.5". Then there is a lock nut. There are also two white plastic washers. Wonder if they need to be something special or just plastic.

#2 - Can someone confirm for me the part numbers for the torx bolts for the intake grate? I don't remember their being 2 different sizes. (832838 SCREW, (M6 x 20), With Nylon Patch AND 40107 25 SCREW, (M8 x 25))

#3 - Can anyone chime in on support shocks for the engine cover and the head door? The OEM ones are CrAzY expensive. Have you replaced with aftermarket ones? If so, who, what, where and how much? I will check locally and will report back with my findings.

#4 - I got new cleats for Christmas. One of the cleat screws broke off just under the fiberglass (where you can't get to it). Other than an Easy Out, does anyone have any suggestions? And can anyone confirm the part number for the screws? 204100144 SOCKET HEAD SCREW Mine are a bit worn out ** The location of this cleat is port side center. The way I see getting to it is to remove the sink or cup holder. Looks simple enough . . . Should be able to access that area now. I'll glue in a metal plate and use lock nuts since I'll never be removing these screws again (knock on wood). Does anyone disagree with this plan of attack?

#5 - Bilge pump, Stereo, Speedometer, Blower and Tachometer did not work when I took it for a test drive. I checked all of the fuses (in the fuse block farthest left) and all were ok. I still cleaned the connections. I also unplugged the wires and checked and cleaned those too. I did not have multi-meter with me to check for power but in the mean time does anyone have any suggestions? I plan to get my multi-meter back tomorrow. Then I'll check for those inline fuses on the starboard side above the battery area. I'll let you know what I find.

#5a - I'm betting that the stereo is non functioning. What replacements have you guys used? I'll just try to find something that will fit in the hole. I don't plan to spend a lot of money at all on one.

#6 - Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2 different pop rivets that are used to mount the ladder door hinge? AVDEL RIVET (3/16") Qty-6 AND 293150088 POP RIVET (3/16") Qty-14 OK! OK! - I'll go to a hardware store and get them. lol

Does anyone know what these screws go to? I found them in the glove box. Image1459754705.345001.jpgImage1459754736.548075.jpg

#1 - the hex bolt that attaches the ladder to the bracket is a 5/16 x 3/4.

#4 - fixing the missing center cleat backing on the port side .... Smack hand on forehead! If I remove the cup holder I can gain access to that area. Still haven't fixed it though.

#5 - someone had been messing around with the wiring at the helm. The hot wire was connected to a blank plug on that first bank of fuses. I have power to the bilge ( but it's dead of natural causes - lol) power to the gauges but I can't test those right now. The stereo has power but is also dead of natural causes and the blower works! YAY!

SEADOO Islandia rear sun deck reclining seat supports. I believe I have found new replacements!!! Way less than factory.
2 of mine are non-functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back