Hurricane Ida... Yikes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Finally back on line since Sunday Morning. Hurricane was NOT even close and we lost power. Good thing I was prepped. I got to test out the new generator and my wiring skillz early on. Wind was much worse than I expected being so far from the center. I think we got 10 or 11 inches of rain. My Hot House fiberglass roof held on like a champ. I made modifications on Friday night at 10pm. LOL No power, sporadic water till Wed night. I am thankful for the water because after Katrinain 2005 we had no water or electricity for 8 days. This kinda stuff while unwanted sure makes neighbors, neighbors. Lots of wonderful people out there helping one another.

The heat usually never bothers me much but coming inside to a 84 degree house just don't get the cooling off done. 84 degrees at 9:00pm. I had dreams of not losing power but Monday night I pulled out my Hurricane Katrina (2005) $88 air conditioner I bought from Home Depot. It's been sitting for 16 years. I took it out of the box, put it in the window... VILOA.... that baby worked like a champ. Many people will be without electricity for weeks or longer. Please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

Bet ya'll never heard of the Cajun Navy. :D :D

Gonna be a while before all recover. It is very fulfilling to help others in need.

Back