How to turn impeller to get last of pience of stuck tow rope out of 2011 GTI 300SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathans

Like so many others, I ran over the tow rope. I have a GTI 130SE. What is the easiest way to get out the last piece of tow rope which is stuck in the impeller keeping it from turning. I was able to fairly easily unwrap all the rest of the rope from around the shaft without having to cut it.

There are a bunch of bolts around the IBR and the impeller housing. Is it okay (and straightforward) to take these off and move the impeller by hand or is there an easier way?

If you couldn't tell from the blunder, I am new to jet ski ownership, but absolutely love the thrill. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the quick replay. No luck pulling the nozzle. The rope is in there tightly. If there a thread on the forum or a youtube video for removing the pump? Will the mechanics manual that I can buy from the forum as a premium member show me how to do this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408865255.801273.jpg
This is all I have left from my rope. Should I just yank the shit out of it? Anyone have a vid on the spark plug and reverse engine technique? I'm a complete newb! Please help!!!!

2 strokes do not care which direction you turn them, some 4-strokes do NOT like to get turned in reveres. In theory, it should not matter. But in reality it can. Due to slack in chains and valve trains and what not it can cause damage.

I feel your pain,, so close and yet might as well be 100 miles away. You can remove the impeller and then likely be an easy solution.

IMO cutting the rope and replacing it will cost less then removing parts and potentially damaging them or reinstalling them incorrectly.... But that's me.. Had a tow rope stuck myself on my 4th or 5th putting with my boat I started un-twisting it but realized cutting it was the easiest and less complicated way. Cost me 35$ to replace the rope

I have 1996 gtx and don't have a impeller tool! So I use a small pipe rinch and turn the shaft by the pto just don't brake off the grease insert and don't damage the boot. That's how I get my impeller off but that can turn the impeller and maybe loosen the rope remove at least one sparkplug it will make it easier to turn it with less compression!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back