How to remove this part from IBR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsp5500

HI,
I want to remove the small stepper/motor in red from the Internal IBR unit. I have removed the 4 screws at the base but it still won't budge. Is there a way to remove it with out take the whole unit out?
IMG_1274v2.jpg

It has surface rust that I want to sandblast then primer and paint. Only rusty part in my ski and it bothers me.

The 4 arrows in your pic are showing the backside of the threaded bosses. These have bolts that attach through the plastic from the underside. Reach underneath and you will feel them. Remove these 4 bolts/screws and then wiggle and pull and the motor will come straight out. This will have a lot of sealant on it holding it in place so it will need resealed after replaced.

The reason it won't budge is because of the sealant holding it in place. You can wiggle it to break the seal but the motor has a shaft with a pin through it so it has to come straight out or you will break the mating plastic sleeve that the shaft fits into.IMG_20191205_082450035.jpg
IMG_20191205_082520185.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that, I wasn't going to try to do it in the end because every service centre I asked said to stay away from it, I would damage it or at least need to reprogram it???
I will give it a shot now.

Thanks again for the photos and explanation.

Cheers,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back