how to remove clogged fuel selector valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

toney

By reading on this forum, I tried riding my 95 GTX on reserve and noticed that it doesn't conk out at full throttle. It's not perfect, I still have to coax it up to get to full throttle but once up there it doesn't cut out, like it does immediately if I had the selector set to gas.
Which makes me think I need to clean out the fuel selector valve. Is there a procedure to do this, or what do I have to be careful of when I'm doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you have a Sea Doo dealer close...they are about $30.00
Part #275500098.
If not the upper right hand corner of this web site has them for $28.49 plus shipping.

OR..

bypass it. Take he "res" line from baffle to inline filter, and remove the "on" line, and cap it, at the baffle.

I agree with the new valve. I tried to clean mine with carb cleaner and it also dissolved the gaskets inside. If you are replacing the fuel valve you should also replace the grey fuel lines with new automotive black line. That will save doing it again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back