How to re-install control levers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

got_s54?

1996 Challenger - I recently replaced the fuel selector valve/pet cock and in doing so, I needed to remove the control levers. I just lifted the whole assembly up and out of the way so I could disconnect the fuel lines to the fuel selector valve. Replaced it and now am stuck with the control lever assembly.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it back in place. Is there a trick to this? I've tried dropping it in with the control lever in the forward position which seems to help, but as the unit gets close to the bottom, the whole assembly tilts to the right and just won't sit flush. I've been trying on and off for the past 2 days and can't get it to seat in place. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Try manipulating the cables from inside the bilge. They may be hanging up on the routing clamps/zip ties inside.

IIRC, I had to draw mine back to get the levers to seat properly after I replaced my fuel valve..

Its the wire harness, pull the wires up and get the controllers in before it drops or zip tie it somehow outta the way, cheers

The wire harness attached to the controls?(the single wire attached to the sensor of the throttle lever?) Or the wire harness inside that open area, ie the harness for the on/off switch, etc?

After zip-tying the large wire loom up and off to the side, I still couldn't put the controls back even with nothing in the way. Then I realized I had the controls turned around 180 degrees. I corrected it and it dropped in without issue. What a noob move that wasted 3 days :( Thanks for your help guys.

After zip-tying the large wire loom up and off to the side, I still couldn't put the controls back even with nothing in the way. Then I realized I had the controls turned around 180 degrees. I corrected it and it dropped in without issue. What a noob move that wasted 3 days :( Thanks for your help guys.

I saw this topic and was reading. I was thinking this exact same thing..as the same thing happened to me. I was going to reply with that answer..when I see you figured it out. Glad you did..good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back