How To: New steel frame PWC stand

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1MACGYVER

I cant post into the 'How To' so ill put it here and if someone wants to move it there feel free.

This week i bought a new MAG welder, helmet etc so i decided to make a PWC stand to suit both my ski and my neighbours standup.

I went for a 500mm height and 350mm rail spacing.
My other goal was to have a stand i could dismantle to save space.
dsc02416w.jpg

For extra strength on the bottom rails i cut in and welded the inner square tube front and plug welded the back.
dsc02417h.jpg

Here is the base frame welded up.
dsc02418dc.jpg

All the main parts welded up.
dsc02419s.jpg

Wheels and the outer rail tabs attached.
dsc02420u.jpg

Ground down, cleaned up and preped for paint.
dsc02421h.jpg

i used 90x35x1200mm pine rails wrapped in carpet, with the ends angle cut to make a nicer edge.
dsc02422pv.jpg

Paint drying.
dsc02423k.jpg

Broken down for storage, it takes up very little space.
dsc02424z.jpg

And finally fully assembled.
dsc02425v.jpg

dsc02426q.jpg

dsc02427m.jpg

Im really happy with it, kinda wish i filled the plug welds completely, if it irritates me enough i may do it later. If anyone wants the dimensions let me know.

WOW, I want one. I especially like the way it breaks down for storage. You should talk to someone about marketing these.

Lou

Thanks guys, it works so well, the 2 locking castor wheels were a good idea.

Ive just spent a few hours helping my neighbour strip the old hydroturf and graphics off his standup. I hate the person who used Araldite Epoxy to glue the old turf down, up to 4mm thick in places had to be power sanded off.

dsc02428ga.jpg

dsc02431ck.jpg

dsc02434x.jpg

Ill post some more pics when its done

Square nose super jet...... That's the best stand-up. It worked so well, that when Yamaha decided to update thier ski... they just changed the top deck, and didn't touch the lower hull, and drive system. BUT... most guys don't want the older looking ski, so you can find the 700 square noses cheap. (best bang for the buck)

I have one in the stable too. :thumbsup:

12.jpg

Its a bit over the top and its completely stock but looks cool and a lot better than before.
Got the kit off ebay, the seller printed me custom numbers to suit the ski.

dsc02436kd.jpg

dsc02437q.jpg

dsc02438rs.jpg

dsc02439k.jpg

dsc02440d.jpg

dsc02441k.jpg

Nice job..

I have always stored mine on my trailer. But i could see how much easier it would be to use your steel frame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back