How to get this thing clean?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Canty

20210613_182513.jpg20210614_205029.jpg20210614_205033.jpg
As you can see, the ski had that weird mold or alge that grows on trees. I pressure washed it and used an APC on it but as you can see it left behind marks. Aside from scrubbing or sanding, is there a cleaner that would help make this job a little easier?

Thanks.

Super Clean or Optimum Power Clean somewhere about 50/50 dilution. Soak and scrub with a magic eraser. Wipe/wash as normal to remove residue. What APC were you using?

Just detailed a ski with similar marks in the gel. If you find that the gel is dull after it's all clean the Optimum gel restorer works awesome.

Purple power isn't bad but I've found super clean has a little more oomph to it. It's probably the best non-detailer grade APC or degreaser. I keep zep sprayers and pump up foamers loaded with it at different dilutions for different jobs.

Fatblockabody...you were spot on. The Super Clean and Magic Eraser took it right off. But I do feel Mikidymac is correct. It needs a good wetsand/compounding and polish in order to get looking new again. Thanks for the help guys. Here is a photo of the area I shown in the above post after the SC and ME. It's just a small section on the left. Trust me, it took all of the black crap off, even if a bad photo doesn't show it. 20210626_164527.jpg

Back