How to De-Winterize our RXT's (2005)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

New here so I hope ya'll can help........

We spent the $$ to have our Dealer Winterize our RXT's (Ouch!),, Now they say we have to bring it in (which they can't get to for over 30 days) to have it De-Winterized!!!! :ack:

So my questions are/is.............
#1 What needs to be done to de-Winterize?
#2 How can I be sure that the Cooling system is working correctly?
#3 What is done when they Winterize at t he Dealerships???
#4 What all should I check for before we ride this year? I sure don't want to hurt our Toys!

I'm pretty Mechanicly inclined (I have raced outboards for years), But this 4-stroke stuff is a little out of my relm......:(

But,,,,How hard can it be? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

First off I love that avatar. As for de-winterizing this will hlep you step by step http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=242

Thanks!

But that thread dosen't really answer my questions.... Or does it?:confused:

#1 What needs to be done to de-Winterize?

#2 How can I be sure that the Cooling system is working correctly? (How do you check it?)

#3 What is done when they Winterize at the Dealerships??? Do they remove any hoses????

I know to replace the spark plugs and check the oil,, but what else?

thanks again!!! I want to RIDE!!

Well, I would check the Fluid levels. The oil level on the dipstick, the antifreeze level should be between the marks on the reserve tank. Change the plugs as the dealer might have fogged the engine and leaves too much oil residue on the plugs and fouls them out. I would go over everything with screw drivers(check clamps) all the nuts and bolts to be sure everything is tight, and give everything a once over. Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body. Open the throttle body valve by pressing on the throttle. Spray the lube through the throttle bore to lubricate the valve mechanism. Then spray generously the external parts of the throttle body. Install the boot. Squirt some lube on the cable ends that you can see and top off fresh gas in the tank. Fire it up and go have fun.

Karl

Well, I would check the Fluid levels. The oil level on the dipstick, the antifreeze level should be between the marks on the reserve tank. Change the plugs as the dealer might have fogged the engine and leaves too much oil residue on the plugs and fouls them out. I would go over everything with screw drivers(check clamps) all the nuts and bolts to be sure everything is tight, and give everything a once over. Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body. Open the throttle body valve by pressing on the throttle. Spray the lube through the throttle bore to lubricate the valve mechanism. Then spray generously the external parts of the throttle body. Install the boot. Squirt some lube on the cable ends that you can see and top off fresh gas in the tank. Fire it up and go have fun.

Karl

Thanks karl!!!

I guess these ski's have a closed loop cooling system? Do they also use water from the lake to cool like most ski's??????? How can you be sure that there is water going thru the engine? I know on 2-strokes there is external water that comes out someplace on the ski that you can check..............

Thanks again!! :hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back